Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: (non AtomixMP3 related) I just need your advice

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm trying to transfer some old recordings i made from a cassete player to my computer,

so I connected it to my computer, and I record it with sound forge, or cool edit, what ever...

my problem is, the recording is in really bad quality,
there is this Hisss all over the tape.
now, this is not the computers fault.
this is how the tape sounds.

but isn't there any way, with all of todays high tech to make it go away? or even reduce it?

geposted Wed 18 Dec 02 @ 9:02 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Step 1
There are so many noise remover programs. Even Soundforge got noise remover. I use Steinberg clean the full version 33 USD.
Step 2
Try to regulated, with a small screwdriver, the tape head. Place a tape, press play, and try to find the most right angle for your tapes.
Step 3
Don't use tapes any more....

geposted Wed 18 Dec 02 @ 10:22 pm
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
AGree with you Mixalis, Clean (and "Get in CD" also of Steinberg) are really good softs full of plug-ins to enhance bad audio quality sounds. Compare to the price, I was really well surprised !

kheyo :)

geposted Thu 19 Dec 02 @ 1:14 am
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
This is not a problem I've had, but on the N-Track forum www.fasoft.com it comes up from time to time.

I think Soundforge has a plug in that allows you to sample a section of the recording that only has the hiss you want to remove - a quiet bit between songs for example. It then allows you to remove only THAT frequency.

Apparently it's extremely effective.

HTH,

Jack.

geposted Thu 19 Dec 02 @ 11:15 am
First you do everything that is mentioned above.If this doesnt help, manualy decrease the high frequencies and increase the middle frequencies from equalizer of Sforge.But dont excpect miricals

geposted Thu 19 Dec 02 @ 1:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)