Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Will this Laptop run atomixmp3 without lagging you think?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi, I currently use my desktop to dj, and it's really annoying to bring it to gigs. I might get a IBM 570 Laptop P2 366mhzz 64Mb ram, 6Gig hard drive, using it mostly for my gigs. Do you think it will run my mp3's in atomixmp3 fine for about 3-4 hours when it's plugged into a power supply? I' not planning on using effects, playing cds, or running anything else on it while I dj. Do you think it will skip? Have any of you ever used atomix on a computer with similar characteristics? Any feedback would be very useful. Thanks!

-MixMasterMatt

geposted Thu 16 Jan 03 @ 3:06 am
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
I have run Atomix on a PII 400 without any problems, so I would imagine you'd be OK.

Cheers,

Jack.

geposted Thu 16 Jan 03 @ 4:51 pm
i use atomix on a P2 266mhz
it works fine.
i think that it helps that i have 160 megs of ram
i use windows 2000
out of 10 shows, it only crashed on me once. when i removed 128 megs of ram to test in another laptop, and forgot to put it back in.

i'd recomend upgrading your ram from 64 to atleast 128.
i'd do 256 if you can.

geposted Sun 19 Jan 03 @ 5:43 pm
don't try it with a celeron 266 mhz , with 128 mb ram... it doesn't work fluently... you hear gaps during the songs...

greetings... brecht

by the way , i use XP home edit. and Atomixmp3 never crashed on me , not once

geposted Sun 19 Jan 03 @ 11:59 pm
YOU ALL NEED MORE SPEED AT LIST 900MHZ & 256 MB AND A PRO SOUND CARD LIKE MAYA USB 7.1 COMES WITH 4 UOT PUTS RCA. ATOMIX NEED TO UP DATE THE SOFEWARE TO USE PRO SOUNDS CARDS.I USE A TOSHIBA

geposted Sat 25 Jan 03 @ 12:12 am
fvox13Home userMember since 2001
The specs are fine, but I'd get more RAM.

geposted Sun 26 Jan 03 @ 7:21 pm
RAM RAM RAM and more RAM !!!!!!

geposted Sun 26 Jan 03 @ 10:26 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)