Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What MP3 Encoder does everybody use?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

I was just wondering what encoders do you people use to encode Mp3 that has been ripped off cd or vinyl?

I know of 4 MP3 encoders which are : FraunHofer, Lame, Blade, Qdesign.

I personally use FraunHofer because i think it delievers outstanding quality. I have 2 x 80Gb hard drives also, so i encode at 320kbps all the time as space is not an issue. This means that most of my MP3 files consume between 10 - 20mb each. However, there are arguments over fraunhofer and lame going on as to which is the best encoder?

Tell me what u think??

Dark Storm

geposted Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 11:34 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003

geposted Fri 07 Feb 03 @ 12:46 am
I was told that LAME was pretty lame!

later,
Liam

hee, heee....whimper!

geposted Fri 07 Feb 03 @ 8:58 am
I like to use musicmatch. Its good, probably better than anything else but if you want to youse musicmatch plus it costs you a bomb for the download!

geposted Fri 07 Feb 03 @ 1:58 pm
MusicMatch is f'ing garbage ... no offence. You'll mine as well use Real Player to rip your files.

Lame IS the standard hands down.

geposted Fri 07 Feb 03 @ 5:35 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
MusicMatch uses the XAudio codec. So yes, it is garbage. Not only that, but they've added support for mp3"pro". I love how to try make it seem like its something impressive..

"Enjoy higher quality tracks with mp3PRO"

"mp3PRO Support

Cleaner, crisper, richer sound - the best digital recording quality available anywhere, at a fraction of the file size."

"Unlock ripping speeds up to 25% faster, and get cleaner, crisper, richer sound at a fraction of the file size with mp3PRO encoding - only in MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus."

As if the XAudio isn't bad enough...

Grimm

geposted Sat 08 Feb 03 @ 1:29 am
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Really ? Musicmatch ? I use it since 3 years ago... I've never heard a pb with... And my tracks are very clean. Where is the difference between Xaudio and LAME for example ?

Slash

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 9:50 am
Hi,

Ive been doin a little research on the net, looking at tests with the lame and the other encoders, and found that lame is the best encoder with VBR. I found that Xing is one of the worst encoders so dont use this.

I mentioned in an earlier post that i use fraunhofer, this is still a good encoder but as i understand, it is not being produced anymore therefore not up to date with lame.

Overall - Use Lame with Highest qulaity VBR setting for outstanding quality.

Dark Storm

geposted Mon 10 Feb 03 @ 1:18 pm
can any one direct me to a site where i can download
one of those encoders??
like Lame...

geposted Sun 02 May 04 @ 9:44 pm
EVERYTHING you need is right here at

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

i have been using it for awile now and if you want to rip a CD while on-line it even names the tracks for you

geposted Tue 04 May 04 @ 12:42 pm
DJ NIKEHome userMember since 2003
HIHI.what can i do?

geposted Wed 05 May 04 @ 2:52 am
DJ NIKE,

You stop using a cracked version and purchase a legal version.

Thats what you can do !

geposted Wed 05 May 04 @ 3:52 am
hahahaha....all i want to know is how did dj nike even get to post on this thread...beats me what he can do too...but i agree........buy the software and you will be doing better.........lol

geposted Wed 05 May 04 @ 10:04 am
Dark Storm seems to have asked a reasonable question that many replied to, quite happily.

So why does it say, on the forum page showing threads, the title of the message and then:

"Dark Storm - Poor Hacker or Lamer - "

Is it just me who's confused?

geposted Thu 20 May 04 @ 7:56 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
That's for a good reason.

geposted Thu 20 May 04 @ 8:48 pm
But why

geposted Thu 20 May 04 @ 8:57 pm
cracked version user....that's why

geposted Fri 21 May 04 @ 1:59 am
I see. Dodgy.

geposted Fri 21 May 04 @ 12:04 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)