Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: When does a new version of Atomix will arrive? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

LocutosPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello! I started using Atomixmp3 at 2.1 version!!! Now the more recently is 2.2 but I would like to know if a better and new versio will arrive! More stable and in my opinion less graphic because with the increasing of graphic quality it will slow down the quality!!! And I have a penthium 4 2.4MHz !!!
Atomix is great!!! I love It!!!

geposted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 4:02 am
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey Dj,

I run the software on a duron 800, 128 mb and have no problem with the speed.

Salva

geposted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 8:08 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think I actually know what he is talking about. I have a P4 2.4GHZ as well and waveforms in Atomix take forever to come up, while on my slower AMD system they come up instanty! Is it a bug with P4s maybe? I tried everything, including changing priority level for atomix in Win XP. It really slows me down especially at live parties when trying to cue the next track visually.

geposted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 5:50 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
p-4 1.8 here... no problems at all!

also, an athelon xp 1300 no probs there either....

geposted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 7:05 pm
I agree, pIV 1.8A --> 2.2 :) and no pb at all (w98se...).

geposted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 7:32 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Duron 800/500 Mb little bit slow sometimes,and i think it depends on how packed your harddrives are with music??
Because when i fill my drives(2*20Gb) it will go slower???

geposted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 8:30 pm
I have a p4 @ 1.7 Ghz and I used to have win98SE and it worked perfectly... the waves were constant and showed up fast. Now I have winxp and the waves are more fluid, but now takes more time to show the graph when trying to find a special part of the track or cue points manually... dunno why.

geposted Fri 18 Apr 03 @ 10:09 pm
Trancetorn, I've the same pb on w2000 or wXP SP1 (or not SP1). The curves aren't smooth and I've a P4 2.2 512 DDR ! :(

I work with a multi boot config and run Atomix on w98se (wXP for all othre appz).

Viva Atomixa !

geposted Sat 19 Apr 03 @ 11:30 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I also have that problem on my P4 2.4GHZ 512MB RAM (WinXP SP1). I have tried many things, but haven't found the fix for this yet. Weird, because the waveforms are showing up instantly on my slower machine...

geposted Sun 20 Apr 03 @ 12:13 am
My Humble opinion is Atomix is better when run at 800 By 600 Pixels on your monitor resolution, because when I run Atomix at 1024 By 768 Pixels it kind of visually became unstable, but it still ran.
When I’m playing Atomix I usually have three or for other programs running in the background, Like a second Atomix, my creative mixer, my EAX control panel is on, MAYA 44 “which is my second sound-Card” is also running in the background so IM always jumping from one program to another whether I want to normalize the volume or add little bass or treble, Etc. Etc.
I had one time when the Atomix crashed on me in my gig. Little embarrassed but I made it up to them.

My Point is if you run Atomix @ 800 By 600 it will stay stable because ever since I change my screen resolution Atomix never crashed again.

I hope I have been helpful.

geposted Fri 25 Apr 03 @ 12:06 pm
a1varezHome userMember since 2003
This is my... I would say 4th post regarding graphics problem, cause unfortunately I haven't found any fix.
Every time I run Atomix in my pIV 2.4 ghz 256 ram, nvidiaII 32mb (latest drivers), Creative live sound card.... Graphics apear and run very slow. I've been trying any fix you sugest, but with no success, I really don't now what else can do.
Maybe could be a windows xp related problem, though I changed my Hdd (40 Gb) instlled atomix again, and ... damn...the same problem.
thanks in advance for any other advice you can give me.

geposted Sun 27 Apr 03 @ 11:11 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
sorry I didnt see this thread sooner. Hes some suggestions.

Firstly check which skin you are using. Some are better than others for displaying waveforms ranging from pretty crap to really good. I suggets either Janosch's Silver Skin or The Denon 1800F white one. Both have extremely smooth waveforms. I use the denon one.

Also if you are recording and leave the screen on the recording page the waveforms tend to jump. Always mix when the screen is on the first page. That is the playlist.

I hope these things help.

Jukesy

geposted Sun 27 Apr 03 @ 11:17 pm
there are two skins I'm using right now.
Pioneer cdj 7005 and darkfun 2.2, those are my favorite one
but I will give a try to those you said, and i'll post the results.
thanks....

bye the way...Denon 1800f is not for 2.2 version isn't it ?

geposted Sun 27 Apr 03 @ 11:33 pm
there is a new version of it.

It works on my version 2.2 anyway. Give it a try. You can test to see how well the waveform window works by dragging the waveform with the mouse and see how smoothly it drags

Jukesy

geposted Sun 27 Apr 03 @ 11:41 pm
Nop.
all I get is the same damned problem.

geposted Sun 27 Apr 03 @ 11:42 pm
ok try changing your direct x settings I cant exectly remember how to do it. Ill chek for you. Its probably something to do with the hardware acceleration.

geposted Sun 27 Apr 03 @ 11:55 pm
Right think I got it now. Run the dxdiag command from run in the start menu. Then just keep playing about with both the display and audio acceleration settings to see what works best with atomix.

I hope this sorts your problem out

Jukesy

geposted Mon 28 Apr 03 @ 12:02 am
Hey Jukesy
I had not visited the website lately, though I had not read your post until now, So I'm going to give a try to see if it works.
I'll post the results later. Hope it works
Thanks.

geposted Fri 02 May 03 @ 5:54 pm
jukesy
I went to buy 512 Mb of ram more (now I have 768 Mb), did What you said (directx) and ... Man it's working perfectly.
Thanks for your help.
Now let's make some mixes. :-)

geposted Fri 02 May 03 @ 11:49 pm
Hey Guys "Those of you with WinXP and your fancy Video Cards" Use the OmniTronic 1100S Atomix skin, it really works with your screen resolution 1024X768.
With the default skin it only works with 800X600 and if you use it with 1024X768 it will be slower and soon crash on your favorite Gig.
Besides that, I love that skin, you’ll find out why soon after installing it.

geposted Mon 05 May 03 @ 2:33 pm
95%