Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Opinions on VDJ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

xealHome userMember since 2004
I am considering buying VDJ (assuming i solve a problem of mine that is currently in the tech support forum) but I have a few questions to ask the other DJ's out there...

What do your listeners, clubbers and other DJ's think of using a PC to mix?

Do you consider BPM counters and the "beatlock" buttons to be 'cheating' ?

Is there a real fear of the Blue Screen of Death coming to haunt you during a live mix?

Any Trance DJ's that use this program?

Any interesting stories to tell?

Just want to get a feel for this program before I buy. Thanx ;)

-DJ Xealot

geposted Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 6:46 am
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
"What do your listeners, clubbers and other DJ's think of using a PC to mix?"
-To me, the pc is another way to play music, with enhanced capabilities which facilitate your life a lot... Why don't use them ? Now I can concentrate more on the mix than on the beatmatch ;-)

"Do you consider BPM counters and the "beatlock" buttons to be 'cheating' ?"
-I don't use beatlock a lot because I don't want to be 'beatlock addicted' if I had to work a day with CD's or vynil. But today, BPM counters are everywhere : on CD players, on mix tables, so why don't use them too ?

"Is there a real fear of the Blue Screen of Death coming to haunt you during a live mix?"
-I had this fear at the beggining, but I can tell you a thing : the only blue screen I got live was on... Winamp. Never on AtomixMp3 or Vdj. Today I trust vdj more than everything ;-)

"Any Trance DJ's that use this program?"
-I'm techno-house... sorry ;-)

"Any interesting stories to tell?"
-Funny to see how you can change people's mind on mixing with a pc. Burn the dancefloor all the night, and after that, everybody tells you "So youre really working ? How do you use this program ?" And you know you've won ;-))

Slash

geposted Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 11:35 am
*What do your listeners, clubbers and other DJ's think of using a PC to mix?
I have won a mixcontest at a local-club. other candidates think i won because of neat features like beat-lock and beat-matching. but those aren't perfect and i prefer to do it the hard way like vinyl dj's do.

*Do you consider BPM counters and the "beatlock" buttons to be 'cheating' ?
no, because they're not perfect (but i AM ;)

*Is there a real fear of the Blue Screen of Death coming to haunt you during a live mix?
The first 2 sets in front of a live crowd, there is a little fear for bluescreens yes, but it never happened. so the fear is totally gone. remember to disable virusscanners when beginning your set :-]

*Any Trance DJ's that use this program?
i play anything that has 4 square beatz: Trance, techno, club, deep house.. but i'm pitching by hand (just like vinyl)

*Any interesting stories to tell?
A computerdisplay does attract some extra attention, everybody wants to know what the h*ll you are doing with a computer on stage :P

greetz,

Cannonball

geposted Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 8:31 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)