Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Atomixmp3 = play .OGG files to..

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DjPaddeHome userMember since 2003
Fix so Atomixmp3 can play .ogg files to. There coming more and more .ogg files now insted of .mp3. Or what ya think?

geposted Thu 08 May 03 @ 7:19 pm
sir you gotta understand that .mp3,wma,and wave are more commonly known and used file type and most people who use atomixmp3 problee don't a track of that's coded to .ogg

geposted Fri 09 May 03 @ 3:13 pm
ogg is much more powerful then mp3
smaller, better coding ...
i think atomixmp3 must implent thsi format.
why don't you do a vote about that?
i think many people are interested in ogg.

geposted Mon 12 May 03 @ 3:26 pm
Maybe there should be an Atomixogg out there...

geposted Mon 12 May 03 @ 4:42 pm
lol Jim Matbe there should

geposted Mon 12 May 03 @ 7:21 pm

geposted Mon 12 May 03 @ 8:31 pm
Well my friend how is .OGG more powerful?
When a wave is converted to MP3 it takes away small unnoticalbe pops and cracks if i convert an mp3 to .ogg it really won't add all the missing things! PLUS MP3 is a more widely used and I guarantee that if you ask most user's of atomixmp3 they wounldn't have even heard of .ogg!
In Fact I'll post a survey right now!

geposted Tue 13 May 03 @ 3:21 pm
In my oppinion ogg is more powerful because its uses a better compression and so the files are smaller. If you uses Atomixmp3 for events as a dj prog like i want to do you will see that over 2000 mp3s take many disk space. ogg uses the half of that...

thats my oppinion and why it is so difficult to implent ogg code ... the ogg code is for free!

geposted Tue 27 May 03 @ 7:57 pm
It's more personal opinion that scientific fact. But the benefits are nearly equal in both in most areas. So until ogg pulls ahead by a signifcant improvement in quality/size ratio, it's easier, and more widely accepted to use mp3, however, some users claim smoother sound from ogg.

I personally think that nothing can beat a 192bit MP3 encoded using dos-based lame. ("lame" is actually the name, no joke)

Besides, we're talking slight improvement in compression, and possible slight improvement in sound quality using ogg. I think there needs to be greater margain of benefit. These "just as good, half the size" myths you hear about ogg are false.

Regards,
digitize

geposted Tue 27 May 03 @ 11:10 pm
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

geposted Thu 29 May 03 @ 4:25 am
"dos-based lame"

that's your expert opinion ?

lame has nothing to do with dos and using dos won't make it any better. ofcourse feel free to prove me wrong..

geposted Fri 27 Jun 03 @ 9:22 am

geposted Fri 27 Jun 03 @ 9:31 am
loujrHome userMember since 2002
the programs name is not Atomix ogg its Atomix mp3

geposted Thu 14 Aug 03 @ 6:37 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)