Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound Blaster MP3+ ... anyone used it?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

rjm62Home userMember since 2003
Hi,

Being a bit of an Atomix addict, I've started using it for a weekly set at a local bar, and want to step up from my bog-standard laptop "one soundcard, one output" setup.

It seems my two options are a Y-splitter on my laptop's 3.5mm output, with two mono channels connected to an external mixer. This is the cheapest option, but I'm a bit concerned about using mono over a decent sound system (any advice?).

The other option is to connect an external sound card to my laptop, so I can have 2 stereo inputs to the external mixer. The most obvious option is the Sound Blaster MP3+ (USB), which has just been released (http://www.soundblaster.com/products/mp3+/tour.asp) and seems a cheap option (£33 in the UK, from dabs.com).

Has anyone used this? Is it worth a try?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thx,

Russell.

geposted Mon 28 Jul 03 @ 11:24 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use mono 5 times every week, it sounds great!
Remember tho, you will not be able to use the splitter option, or any dual output configuration with the demo version, you must buy the full version.

geposted Mon 28 Jul 03 @ 10:35 pm
I have and still do occasionally use my laptop in mono over a large sound system (i think its 10k) in a club. i use channel 1 to the left and channel 2 right with the 'in house' hardware mixer. The only problem i have found is that the levels are really low in mono (not sure if its hardware or software issue), as far as sound quality is concerned i have had no problems at all, even playing along side someone using vinyl its indistinguishable. This is probably due to the fact that most rooms are so badly designed (acoustically) that you get echo and bouncing all over the place making any stereo separation impossible to detect anyway...so why bother!
I have thought about an external USB sound card for sometime but they were all to expensive till now !
I might consider it now as there only £33 even if its just to 'up the levels' a bit, so thanks for the tip.

P.s. i havent used atomix to do this yet as im still only trying the demo, i used P**J red but think i may move to ATOMIX its cool!!!

geposted Tue 29 Jul 03 @ 12:05 am
you should move to the full version....it is a program that is limited only by your imagination.....i have used the demo for awhile and then about 3 months ago i got the full version....i have not stopped learning about the things you can do with it yet....good luck...about the sound in the club.......try putting bass kickers directly across the dance floor from the D.J. booth....then mount a set of mid/highs in each corner of the dance floor.....thats a basic i think but i would need more info in how things r set up at the club before i could give you more advice...my advice may not work but at least the price is right......lol.........its free

geposted Thu 31 Jul 03 @ 12:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)