Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need Music

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I started reading the posts, and even searched... heck of alot...lot of interest in this software

I would pay for the full version if certain conditions are made

(remember, I will need to buy another computer to carry around so its not a $60 US buy for me)

I will probably buy this program and a computer for it if I could find a great buy on MP3 music list that I could afford and is a good selection of all genres of music... anybody know where to lead me?

Thanks

geposted Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 7:39 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Go to your local music store. Buy the CD's you want from there, then encode them into mp3 files.
The very best way to insure optimum quality.

geposted Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 3:56 pm
I heard of digital music subscriptions that go with professional platforms similar to atomixmp3... Was hoping that someone might know of one... if I was to get music to dj I wouldn't go to a record store, I would get a dj subscription... just wanted to skip the cd part, and the consequential ripping process involved... Thanks though >= )

geposted Thu 15 Jan 04 @ 2:35 am
I think it’s very difficult to forget the cd’s support, because it’s a very practical support to save all format of music.

Imagine if your hard drive crash, where are your mp3's ? On the Net ! How long to download it again ?

Coyote

geposted Thu 15 Jan 04 @ 3:50 am
Well it all depends on how fast your MODEM & LINE is. Was that a question U asked or were you being sarcastic. I also have all my MP3's on my hard drive. Its taking up over 20GB of memory. I have over 6000 songs. Any1 got more than that?

geposted Sat 17 Jan 04 @ 2:38 pm
ok yeah, but cd format is a .wav file that takes up to 3 times at least the memory as mp3... you have mp3, you have the right to record it onto disk... recorded on to disk and you could put on around 250 songs on a single disk as opposed to 20 songs per disk...and if you have a dvd burner... well, not too sure how many songs on a dual sided twin layer dvd, but its quite a bit... either way its still more cost effiecent to get it in MP3... and better to get a subscription rather than buying music in a record store...

I'm wondering if you know what a music subscription is... its a series of music you can buy where you are licenced to play the music in a public forum, the artists and record companies are paid... the subscription is only the best songs of the past, and monthly updates of the hottest music coming out... usually about 4 weeks slower than when radio stations get the songs... makes your music library a heckuva lot less expensive and more extensive...

Check out http://www.prodj.com and go to the Dj section, look in the DJ mall for music related stuff to get some examples of music subscriptions...

BTW that is where I first heard of programs like Atomix that offer the music to, but can't seem to find them anymore...

geposted Mon 19 Jan 04 @ 8:16 am
oh and one more thing... if I download music, that is illegal... if I play music that I downloaded and can't prove that I bought it and am caught doing that then the authorities can and will compensate my computer and all my gear and probably put on a hefty fine... obviously I wanna do it the legal way

geposted Mon 19 Jan 04 @ 8:21 am
compensate??? confiscate... sorry, just after a staff party

geposted Mon 19 Jan 04 @ 8:21 am
I have 13,000 songs(MP3's) on a 80GB hard drive, but I'm about to switch to a 120GB. Some were original mp3,s and some were burned from cd's and coverted to mp3,s. Sometime this year I plan on purchasing a 250-500GB hard drive so I can convert my music to wave, because wave sounds much better. And one more thing I hope all you DJs that have a large quantity of music on a HD have a backup of your stuff, Last year while building my collection I had at that time about 4000 songs on a used 80 GB hard drive that I had bought from a computer show & the thing crashed. Using recovery software I was able to recover about 20% of the music, It was horrible.

geposted Wed 21 Jan 04 @ 2:24 am
I can just imagine how bad that was. I think I should start backuping my songs. To me, music is everything so I need to stay alive by keeping my music alive. See what I'm saying?

geposted Sat 24 Jan 04 @ 2:52 pm
I keep all my music on Zip disks.....100mg or 265mgs....they are a removable type (drive) .....that way you always have it ....they dont crash.

geposted Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 12:21 am
djspice........do you play your music right off the zip disk?...something tells me that maybe the way for me to go if you can...thx

geposted Tue 27 Jan 04 @ 12:18 pm
bear...I do play right from the Zip somtimes and does ok.

geposted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 12:02 am
Why not just have a backup hard drive - just in case something happens, the worst problem I had on a gig was that my database got corrupted,-- but-- I had a backup so everything wa sjust alright, i guess zips are alright but thtas just to much of a hassle to me , you might as well just burn mp3 cds and play your music off of them, remember I have a lot of music so if I put them on discs I might as well just start using cd,s

geposted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 2:14 am
DOH !!...i should have thought of the C.D. thing...(thanks for the feedback DJ Spice)...as for a hard drive i am in the process of filling up an 80 gig external right now....but i think will back up what i have onto C.Ds....thanks guys

geposted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 12:19 pm
DJ JimHome userMember since 2003
A DJ can be fined up to $50,000 per song, for playing music you don't own.

geposted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 3:34 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)