Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: post 1.08 sampler...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i just haven't been able to get past it yet. everytime i try the latest trial installment of Virtual DJ, i always end up installing it and going back to 1.08. the ability to rapid fire trigger sound fx during mixing is indispensible to me... and it seems like such a simple thing to implement. it was there before... i'd love to see it back. i'd love to invest in this product again, but unfortunately, its not currently worth $130 yet... personally, i don't need video mixing. i doubt half the people who own the product use it. nice feature to have, but i find being able to manipulate samples as you need much more important. perhaps this isn't that major a concern to house djs (as i figure most users here are), because i haven't seen much posting about it. but as a reggae/dancehall dj, it seems to be the most major thing missing for me. well, i hope this post manages to catch the public eye. i know there are a lot of others out there with much more relevant things to say. but this i just my piece... peace.

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 4:08 am
A lot of people use video mixing. Also, you may request features in the 'New features' forum.
That is a great thing with Virtual DJ, that they (not always, but mostly) listen to the needs, requests and wishes of it's users.

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 2:43 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
If you thing "It don't worth $129" you're wrong by far. The demo product and the full product different capacities (and the cracked version came from the Demo so it's restricted by default). I use video like a "child with a new toy". It's a real thing not all of us use it to Djing, but it's a great thing. In the audio section still great. You could use more than one Sound card, use with external mixer, use TCV's to use Turntables in your set, use scratch, loops and effects (in videos too). Be listen by the development team to fix or increase some functionality... If you still thing "it's not worthy" you are missing a lot of things to consider.

It's not only the software you buy, it's also to be a member and to GET ALL UPGRADES, Plug-ins, skins, effects, at no cost. Still not worthy?

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:04 pm
Well, maybe instead of criticising the product and trying to justify your cracked version, it would be easier to ask for some help about how to achieve what you want.

It's hard to tell what your problem is exactly from your post, but I'm sure it's already implemented in VirtualDJ.
So let us know what you want to do, and I'm sure someone will help you.

geposted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 3:13 pm
to the faceless castor pollux, i'll try and be polite. get a life. i'm tired of the professional edition users who seem to be so idle that when someone who hasn't shelled out $130 for the software makes an observation, it's automatically a cracked version that the person is using, and complaints are the 'justification for not buying'. i repeat- get a life. your line of reasoning might be more convincing if it actually had technical merit to it. i described the problem pretty clearly. if you didn't understand, and had no intention of helping, perhaps it would have been best if you DIDN'T respond. its a change from 1.0x to 2.x and beyond that several users have noted, but only a select few have need of it- rapid fire triggering of samples. (and who is this 'us' of which you speak? you sound as if you're placing yourself on the inside of something i'm not? get lost dude... your life is calling.)

antileon, thanks. i've posted in the features request before. still will until hopefully more people stir up some commotion about this.

acw dj, i think Virtual DJ is an awesome program and would love to invest in it... but from a logical standpoint, no one in their right mind is going to invest in a product that does not do one of the main things they want it to do. like i said, Virtual DJ is a great product... for me though, the main thing that sets it apart from other software similar to it is really its built-in sampler. if it no longer has that to its advantage, why would i logically invest in it?

perhaps this is the point where Virtual DJ could start specializing their products- making different versions of the mixing software to fit the needs of its very versatile users. perhaps there are some who like the video mixing feature. others perhaps just want and need a barebones program that can implement plugins/effects and sampler in a more flexible way. or perhaps the pro edition implementing all features. seems like it could be a pretty marketable idea there. ;)

geposted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 11:12 am

geposted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 11:28 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@anonymous1 : Yeah I second that post 1.08 sampler...the rapid fire fx was great when it existed...hopefully in future versions of the program they have the option to play samples rapid fire style or play like the current implenmentation. I play mainly reggae/dancehall also so I know what u are refering to. The rapid FX especailly sounded awesome when running them through my virtualizer pro(echo machince) it would make my system sound like Renaissance Disco or StoneLove .....

geposted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 2:54 pm
ok so if I understand well, you want that when you press the sample shortcut, the sample start playing, but if you press the shortcut again, it immediately starts playing again from the start? like rapid fire trigger?

If this is what you want to achieve, then I think the solution has already been given in the thread you mentionned above:

go in the config pannel, in shortcuts (or edit shortcut.xml with a text editor, it might be quicker to do what we want).
Replace the shortcuts:

Key="F1" action="sample" value="1"
Key="F2" action="sample" value="2"
Key="F3" action="sample" value="3"

by:

Key="F1" action="sample" value="0"
Key="F1" action="sample" value="1"
Key="F2" action="sample" value="0"
Key="F2" action="sample" value="2"
Key="F3" action="sample" value="0"
Key="F3" action="sample" value="3"

And it will work exactly as you want.

As you can see, all I was saying is: explain what you're looking for, instead of flamming the software and the team, and someone will explain you how to do it.

Musicaly yours,
Castor

geposted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 4:50 pm
this is the kind of feedback i appreciate. thank you.

however... have you actually tried the method yourself? i have before... and it didn't work. as a matter of fact, either i'm doing something extremely wrong or the trial version is limited in that respect, but with that method mentioned, the samples won't even start... let alone rapid fire. maybe it is a trial thing. i dunno... but experience tells me that its not. thanks for trying though. ;)

geposted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 8:30 pm
SchiumPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey I edited my xml file directly to look like the sample the guy had, and it works great, try again, maybe you're missing something

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 11:49 am
good to know... i'll try again. thanx.

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 1:03 pm
SWEEEEET!!!! it works! i realized why it didn't work the first time.

it has to be exactly:

and not...

schium, thank you! castor polux, i apologize for the grief i gave you. i appreciate the help... i'm sure that should earn you some more stars real soon. ;) and watch for my No License User status to change soon... ;)

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 1:20 pm
ah crap... in playing around with it, i just realized the one thing missing in this workaround- you can do rapid fire samples for any given sample... but only one sample at a time. if you try to do multiple samples simultaneously as i'm used to, it will stop one and go to the other... because they're all using the same '0' value. :S crap... guess i better play around with it a little bit more... determine whether i can do without this or not. *sigh* but thanx again for all you guys help. its the best workaround yet... not 100%, but pretty darn close.

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 1:32 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)