Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: hip hop...r&b

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi to all just would like to add my (two cent) if you people out there don’t mind. I cant remember which post I read it was about someone back talking about this one dj that mix hip hop and r & b people were saying he been dj for a while and he had not got any better the dj that I hear on vdj that mix hip hop and r & b are pretty good to me. Me my self I mix hip hop and r & b and I am so darn good. See my problem is after 30 minutes I just shut it down and do something else. My point I am trying to making is if a person comes on the air and dj what ever he or she does let’s be happy that they are on the air. And not back talk each other and enjoy the music. And all I hear is house and trance put the hip hop dj on lol. I don’t see wizzkidd or madsoundss, manixx what happen to these guys. Thank you for your time vdj readers

geposted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 2:40 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
He was not 'banned' from the radio because he played Hip Hop, it was for an entirely different reason (or so I hear).

Your right on the fact that their isn't an equal balance on the radio, it is mostly trance and harder styles of house, I think some re-forms are inorder on the radio project.

I think some new guidelines and rules need to be drawn up and implemented, aswell as aiming for a more balanced day in terms of music, and finally to significantely increase the number of listerners, all 3 are linked, and the success of one determines the success of all 3.

We'll have to see, but the radio is young.

geposted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 2:52 am
Don't you worry Tony MaddSound will be back soon!!!

MS

geposted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 4:49 am
MaddSound rocks the radio ;)
Any rnb fan, or fan of cool grooves should log into him playin... :) he got my 50cents.. hehe

geposted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 12:37 pm
Don't worry bigtonyt, we ain't goin nowhere. we are just gaining momentum.....and i'm sure there are no hard feelings on Whizz...also takin time to perfect XP10 wizardry....

Watch Out.....Maddsound Really Rocks!!!!

geposted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 6:21 pm
I nearly perfected my XP10 wizardry,.. I bought some Technics DZ1200s to go right beside them :-)

geposted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 10:36 pm
Boy I’m so glad to see that the word of a person get around and I am glad that the dj out there are still on vdj. Just would be a shame if the radio were one flavor and not many flavors. All I can say is keep up the good work djssssssss

geposted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 10:36 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
maddsoundd grace us with a hip-hop mix of urs.
(a site i'd recommend the upload http://rapidshare.de)

other requests: low bit rate

----
this site will be dominated by the dance djs for a while before the hip-hop djs take over. techno/dance is cool. I have 8.27GB of many dance compilations mostly of VA_-_Trance_Voices_Vol. zipped (which ive never listened to) i sometimes i crave for that techno beat but i go back to hip-hop.
this community will take a while before real hip-hop heads take over.

(in my opinion) the program itself unintentionally puts hip-hop djs at a disadvantage with the BPM issues. master tempo, bpm detection etc...

vp aka anonymous

geposted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 8:48 pm
Hey don’t get me wrong I can listen to any kind of music let me stop that hard punk rock I cant get into and some of the techno music I just cant feel it its just me sorry but I tried to got to the url you posted but on my end its not working vpcdj.

geposted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 8:57 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
http://rapidshare.de
sorry the other one was had the closing bracket coz the sentense was in brackets.
---

my style of djing is semi-mainstream but i can dj underground and go hard at that too. for my style of djing i must be able to play a good set that would please all genres. i try to please the "real" heads of whatever genre.
djing to me is like acting whereby the actor must be able to play different roles. ill play all genres well even tho im a hip-hop dj. i lost touch keeping up the dance music so i dont consider myself a real techno dj no more coz i get year end compilation cds.

geposted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 10:14 pm
Heres a hint,
Many of these VDJ's, including myself will spin Hip-Hop, R&B, Jazz and more, just on weird hours. Sometimes, folks like Norway, Bagpuss, and Manixx will suddenly pop into the radio schedule with a really smooth or chill set. You just have to keep an eye on the schedule.

I'm no super mixmaster like some of these VDJ brothers on the radio(Props to Maddsound, Bagpuss, Manixx, Norway, Citylight and Cypher), but every now and then I have to get old school and have to bust out the Planet Rocks, Slick Rick, SOS Band, Fonda Rae, Rakim mixes.LOL!

The listenership can fluxuate when you spin these grooves, it all depends on what time one spins and what people are listening for, do they want turntabalism or just dope grooves...etc...

I personally, spin house to keep folks happy but if it was up to me I would mostly spin Latin Jazz. Yeah, I know, some folks are not down for that so you got to give the powers that be their due.

But seriously, late night hours, usually after 7:00 pm is when you get the good stuff. Some folks just go crazy with scratching, others just mix, and others create really interesting sets with samples and loops.

Props to VDJ Radio!

Tu Amigo,
VDJ Batibiri
Tropicana Summer Sesssions Crew (Yes! We Will be Back like the Sith! Ha! Ha! Ha!)

geposted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 11:49 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)