Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Auto beatmatch

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Everytime I load a trac into a player, it automatically sets to the bpm of the other player. How do I stop this? I went into the Fame window to "Disengage the beat lock" with no success.

geposted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 11:06 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Disable "autoBPM" in Fame setting.
N.

geposted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 11:15 pm
Thank you. That was the trick. So what does the "smart" feature do, in that window?

geposted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 11:35 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Probably best if you turn off everything automated except for time stretch (TS) which is the same as MT.
Experiment with every setting you see so you understand how they work.

Try this skin if you use the DAC
Name: V-Mix v1.0 (Video Mix - Power User) 1024x768
Author: cstoll

And get the new drivers in the plug in section.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/view.html?type=effect%20plug-in

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 3:39 am
If you DISABLE autobpm you cannot use MATCH buttons on the skin that will automatically adjust the bpm of songs. If you set it to smart. It works, but it does not automatically adjust BPM on loading the song. If set to ACTIVE the it adjustst the BPM on song load.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 8:47 am
OzgurHome userMember since 2002
NEver trust computer controlled beatmatching if u're in to dj'ing. it's gonna kill yer skills........

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 5:44 pm
Ozgur, I disagree. After you've manually BPM'd your songs and you know the BPM is accurate, using auto bpm to automatically match the BPM of the two songs is a real time saver and helps you get in and out of mix points very quickly if you are doing that type of fast mixing.

I do this a lot with a looped track on one deck and hitting snippets of other tracks with my cue points on the other deck. I gotten it down to where I can have the beat laid out solo for only about 4 measures. This would be nearly impossible without auto BPM.

I see this as a pretty common theme here and on other forums. Most of the vinyl throwbacks have the same attitude about auto anything. They would rather use VDJ as a functional replacement of vinyl, using the same vinyl methods, only applying them to VDJ.

In my opinion, this is wrong. VDJ is *way* more functional and feature rich than vinyl turntables. So using automatic features does not kill yer skills,... it allows you to focus on other things to EXPAND your skills and therefore your capability to create new and exciting mixes.

If you let the computer do things it does well, mundane things (like moving a silly pitch slider), and leave the more creative things (like beatmatching) up to the artist behind the controls,.. it'll make you a better DJ.

Looking at your post, I have a feeling that you think auto bpm and beatmatching have something to do with eachother. Other than what was mentioned in the post above, they have nothing to do with eachother. I do agree with you that the VDJ beatmatching does suck badly - at least I would never use it. The auto bpm though is very useful and I'll continue to use it well.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 11:27 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Mixing with vinyls is a thing, and it's difficult to try to use auto features. It's a little confusing when you try to use these. But you can use cues and loops and other things. We need imagination and be creative to use the tools we have now.

I use both, sometime use TCVs and sometimes use VDJ without them. I agree with you anewsome, a DJ is more than beatmatch 2 songs.

geposted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 12:00 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)