Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ with two MP3 Turntables

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

r12503PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anyone know how to physically connect two pioneer cdj 100 turntables to a laptop running VDJ ?
thanks for your help

Carlos

geposted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 11:08 pm
u need a soundcard with 2 stereo ins & 2 stereo outs. i use a maya 44 usb soundcard myself. it works great!!! you also need to download & burn to 2 CD-Rs the timecoded information. here is a link to all the setup info & there is a link for the timecoded information that you need to burn to cds. GOOD LUCK!

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 2:02 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 2:30 am
I have my setup running fine with two Technics DZ1200s and a Maya44 USB sound card.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 6:29 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just out of interest, what is the scratching like on CD players? would it still be best to go for the TCV option for this? I know it would depend on the quality of the CD players, as it would the decks, but for a budget pair of CD players

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 10:28 am
To scratch, the TCV are the best option to choose....
To control VDJ, I think the both are very good....

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 11:31 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
aight, cheers :o)

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 3:11 pm
I feel equally as comfortable on CD decks as I do on vinyl. Actually, probably even more comfortable on CD decks since I don't have to worry about the needle skipping. I have to have the spinning platter on the CD player though. I tried both the Technics and the CDJ 1000 with it's active platter (non-motorized),.. after all that, the DZ1200 still felt more like vinyl to me. It's hard to get used to the release point on a platter that is not motorized,.. at least for me.

The CDJ 1000 has a smaller platter also. The 10 inch platter on the DZ1200 more closely emulates vinyl.

I think the functionality of the CD players works out better for me too. I like the fact that I don't have to put tape on my records, it takes 1 second to set a cue point, move the etched line on the cd player around to 12:00 noon and hit the cue button. Now your scratch spot is at 12:00 so you can do some hard scratching and get right back to it.

My TCCD will also never wear out. 100% signal quality is a given (not the case with TCV with ground loop problems, etc). I can make my own TCCD instead of waiting 3 weeks for them.

The people that are saying that TCV is better than TCCD, I don't think have put in enough time on good pro CD decks to flat out declare TCV the winner. Before I bought the DZ1200, I spent a fair amount of time on Pioneer CDJ 1000, Technics 1200 TT and Denon S6000 decks. I felt the DZ1200s were the best fit for me and what I was trying to do.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 11:45 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
anewsome,

I don't agree. The way you manipulate Turntables are different that the way you do with CD players for far. I not saying is better, it's different. We have more functions in a CD player, but in scratch, the TTs are best. That's why the DJ world champion is with TTs and not with CDs.

If you play songs only with TTs you most be aware of the needle use and the correct balance in the tonearm and the correct cartridge with less weight in order to have more lifetime in the vinyls (I still have some from late '80 in perfect conditions). If I want to do scratch, I use another cartridge (and another Vinyl) than I normally use for my music. You need to have other skills to manipulate Vinyls correctly. If not, you have to spend more money. The CD Players don’t have to be aware of this, and let you save money, you don’t have to be careful with weight, and other things, and it’s great. Maybe because of this difference there’s people who value more DJ work with TTs.

I don’t think so, I think DJ are more than use TTs ore CDs or anything. We create ambients and in some way express our selves with music. When we do that, we are artists.

With CD Players you have more functions and more ways to do effects, and do more things. In the past I learned to use it, and now we have another amazing tool, VirtualDJ. We are learning and development a new ways (or old ones) to do the mix (and the ambient) with a PC.

Good for you to find DZ1200s fit for you and, with this, have more skills than others who don't have it. In the same way you are using VDJ to fit your needs.

We have now more options with VDJ to do a best rich sound and ambient in a gig than other who don't use it. It makes a difference that people could hear and feel. I think this way make us better DJ for the people.

geposted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 1:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)