Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Batch Renaming MP3's

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

It appears to me that VDJ likes to read the title information [author] - [title] to properly list it in the data base with the title and author where they belong. Am I correct on this? I have the ID3 tag info disabled (although it didn't seem to make any difference one way or the other).

If so then I'd have a LOT of work renaming all my MP3's in that format, so is there some kind of batch editor that would do this for me?

Thanks very much,

Howard

geposted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 7:10 pm
Virtual DJ has this solved thru plugins.
If you don't like default behavior,try different filename parsers or write here the format in which you have the songs and maybe someone will make a filename parser for you. It's not so hard.

geposted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 8:40 pm
Alternately, you can perform almost every type of renaming task with Magic File Renamer from www.finebytes.com/mfr

** This is why this community is so great isn't it ! [:o)

geposted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 9:48 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
An easy way I find also is to use RealPlayer, even the free RealPlayer let you do this. You could change the Directories, the Filenames... everything at just a click of a mouse.
http://www.real.com/

Good luck!

@ digijoc - Mele - Yes, this community is GREAT!

geposted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 9:56 pm
I use winamp pro to change the file names over if i have to. Also Atomix mp3 player lets you do it too

geposted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 1:39 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)