Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What Effect Is This?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I know you all have heard this effect at the club as I have. I've went through the VDJ effects and I can't seem to locate it exactly. The best way to describe it is like a heavy moving flange that make the music sound like it turns itself completely inside out and then back to normal.

It might be a digital effect on a high end digital mixer with effects, like the Pioneer. But I've heard artist use it on their tracks too,.. like Daft Punk. I have not been able to produce the same effect with VDJ plugins. Everybody else seems to be able to do it though because I hear it all the time.

Any ideas?

geposted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 1:09 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
You probably talk about filters, there are may types of them, or a phaser (different animal..)
but i cant understand from your description.
Give me a real example, i know most of the effects as i produce myself.

geposted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 3:23 am
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It is probably the wah feature on the efx500.

Can someone duplicate this effect on VDJ?

geposted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 3:41 am
Anewsome,

Not sure what effect that is. Maybe you could post a sample?

I was also looking for an effect some time ago. I posted a request to see if someone could create it for VDJ. Some people didnt know what it would sound like and needed a sample and others seemed to be able to create it with some expensive VST plugins. Here is how I described it:

"I have heard many djs on the radio using this effect and it sounds great. It is a fast and long backspin with kind of like an echo on the backspin sound. It doesnt sound like a conventional echo but Im sure you guys have heard it by now. Plz let me know what you think (I wish I knew how to create effects so I could make an attempt at making it)."

I still need to find a sample to that one so that I can post it...

Killabee44

geposted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 4:59 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well..when you get a bit more advanced useing VDJ's effects, you learn what effect can be produced by combining 2 or 3 at the same time.., this can produce original and funky sounds..

As for the effect you describe, no idea.., need a sample or a more specific description.

geposted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 5:22 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@Killabee, that "long" backspin can be a "Tape Machine", i used tapes ...sometime in radio myself and i had one at home. I even knew who to cut/paste with them...

Some (google) examples:
http://www.arigonstarr.com/lyrics_all/Extras/images/tapemachine.jpg
www.marcata.net/images/studer2.jpg
www.sbg.ac.at/ipk/avstudio/m-audio.htm

Echo is simply.. echo

geposted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 5:54 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)