Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Maya 44 question?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have question about the Maya 44 when you hook a turntable to use the control vinyl do you need some sort of preamp to hook it up to the sound card?

geposted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 12:02 am
I was also looking at the edirol fa-101 does this need a preamp also?

geposted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 12:03 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
There's no need for a preamp to connect any sound card with TTs for using TCVs. In order to work properly and use TCVs with Maya (or other 4 input 4 output soundcard) you most buy the FULL version of VDJ.

geposted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 12:56 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003

geposted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 8:02 am
is there any real advantange in using the ASIO 4 All driver instead of the ASIO driver that comes with the Maya 44 Soundcard?

geposted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 1:19 am
In my case, the ASIO4ALL did not recognize enough channels.. I'm using the ASIO drivers from Audiotrak.

geposted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 3:13 pm
zadeauxPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ditto - I'm using the drivers from Maya/Audiotrak.. Everything works beautiful.

geposted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 4:04 am
I also use the Audiotrak drivers. If you would use more than one soundcard, for example the 2 stereo outputs from your Maya for the left and the right deck and the onboard sound card for samples, you have to use the Asio4all driver.
Ewout

geposted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 7:24 pm
It was my understanding that using the ASIO4all driver were for soundcards that are not ASIO compatiable. So in my mind using them with the Maya USB 44 soundcard makes no sense.

geposted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 2:11 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
djreggieward,

You could use it as Superstorm mention before; If you have one maya 44 and another soundcard in the motherboard. This soundcard have 1 line output only (at last). If you configure ASIO4ALL to use the MAYA 44 and your onboard soundcard you get 4outputs +1output. We could use these with 2 TTs (uses the maya) and 1 output for SAMPLES and these 3 stereo channels go to your mixer so you could get one TTs signal in one stereo channel, one TTs stereo signal in the other channel and the samples in another channel.

geposted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 3:37 am
@ djreggieward,
You are correct. The Asio drivers could be used for sound cards that are not supplied with Asio drivers. The Maya cards are supplied with Asio drivers and I use those.
But if you would use your onboard soundcard for samples then you have to use the Asio4All drivers instead of the Audiotrak ones.
Ewout

geposted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 11:32 pm
Thanks for the clarification.

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 1:35 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)