Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XP10, TCV, or TCCD?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've haven't had the opportunity to use the TCV ...which prompts me to my question, which of these three do you guys prefer. I use XP10's and think they're great but they'd be even better if: They were a bit larger, equipped with rotating platters, lit buttons, and more scratch friendly. If you've tried all three, which do you like best???

geposted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 7:21 am
I think the best are XP10 or TCV because there bugs with TCCD...

geposted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 11:02 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
buy TCVs ;)

geposted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 3:58 pm
To answer the poster's question, I think TCV and TCCD are much better for scratching than XP10. I have Hercules DJ console, a pair of XP10s and a pair of Technics SL-DZ1200, using TCCD. I specifically bought the 1200s because of the rotating platters.

I'm curious though, since you guys mention it. Exactly what bugs exist for TCCD that do not exist for TCV. It's the same exact code as far as I know, so what are these TCCD only bugs that you guys mention?

geposted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 6:31 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My current favourite is TCCD, but i'm also interested in what will develop in the controller market, their are many to be released this side of christmas that will fuel alot of new hype.

geposted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 7:40 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
@newsome,
I think the reason why TCV works better than TCCD is because the TCCD sound is digitally processed meaning that that the sounds that VDJ looks for my be altered to a point where it is not as readily recognizeable or maybe not as consistent as VDJ would like.
Imagine if you are using Master Tempo on a CD, the time can be stretched to the point where you can audibly hear imperfections in the time stretch algorithm on any CD player. Imagine how difficult it is for VDJ to hear that and still extract its time code signal from the heavily modified sound coming through. Even turntables with digital output are generally only used to modify sound in the analog domain, and are not used for time stretch, instant loop, seemless loop, etc and so the sound coming into the time code decoder is much more predictable and consistent.
This is only my educated guess and not really an informed answer though ;)

geposted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 4:54 pm
I've accidentally hit the pitch lock button on my CD players before when using TCCD. You're right. It doesn't work. A number of turntables not named Technics 1200 have pitch lock also. The pitchlock problem is not limited to TCCD.

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 12:48 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Well, in the CD-Players with TCCDs... How can you match with beatlock in the CD-Player? it's not possible because there’s no song to match in the CD, you could do it with VDJ anyway. Only the Digital Sound is in the TCCD which not has a BPM. Anything that uses BPM or sound in the CD-Player (effects) to function will not work with TCCDs. You could use all the settings in VDJ to do Loops, or any other effects. That's the way it works.

TCVs don't have those problems 'cause we don't have these options in our turntables. We mix like a real vinyl. The same is with CDs but without cd-player effect which needs a song to work.

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 3:45 pm
acw, I didn't say that TCCD did beatmatch, I said they do pitchlock. I also said that turntables do pitchlock as well. This has nothing to do with beatmatching. My argument was that if the fact that TCCD can do pitchlock and that makes it worse than TCV,.. turntables have pitchlock too.

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 7:15 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think the confusion is in the word 'pitcholck'
Anewsome is referring to what most of us call "master tempo" or "time stretch" ... not a function that syncs one deck with another. He means locking the pitch so that the speed can be manipulated without changing the key of the song. This is a purely digital effect and will in fact work on some turntables with digital sound processing built-in (not 1200's though)

geposted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 9:07 pm
Numark TTX and the "Key Lock" feature come to mind, as an example.

geposted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 12:10 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just tried TCCD's with a pair of Numarks Axis 9 and Maya 44 S/C and rate it 8.5 out of 10 with my setup. If I stutter cue points too quickly I get a crackling noise sometimes (which I only did for test purposes anyway). The only real down-fall is not having key lock capability.

geposted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 8:16 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Sorry,

For me is silly to have digital features in a TTs like is in a CD Player, If I want that I get a CD-Player with all features and not this kind of TTs. I use my TCVs in SL-1210MK2 and everything works good.

I still don't get it. I connect my old double CD-Player and check my config now with TCCDs. I have the pitch and the pitch Key selected (Denon DN-2100F) to find out what are you talking about, and I find it. I must said I don't use Master Tempo in my CDs and I use to work with ± 8% pitch like my old TTs and fit every song in ±2 or 3%, if not I peak another song... That's why I never notice.

geposted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 11:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)