Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Seperate Voice and Music...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello everybody!
I've heard that it's possible to seperate the vocals and the music from a song... but just if u have the instrumental/acapella version of the song..
if u want the voclas of a song you must have a instrumental of the song... The program, or what it is, will seperate the sound wich is not included, in this case the voclas are not included, because it's an instrumental... And now you will have the an Acapella of the orginal song...
I hope that VDJ can make this feature, would be cool...

Hope you know what I'm talking about...

Dj Cash

geposted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 4:44 pm
Are u talking about a vocal remover? If so than there is already a plugin called vocal remover. Not the best plugin. But it also can be accomplished with an equalizer by dropping the highs out.

MS

geposted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 5:25 pm
i know about the vocal remover... and I also know that it only works on a few songs... (have never worked for me..)

I'm talking about another way to do the same thing, but with better result...

geposted Sun 04 Sep 05 @ 2:15 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Don't be fooled, there is no magical way to separede them after they are mixed and mastered, and i'm speaking from a sound engineer and producer view.
There are only some "tricks" based on phase innvert and panning but they work only on a few songs with limited results. You can manually reproduce these tricks using in a wave editor, or use a plugin like vocal remover, i'm sure it is working on a simillar way.
But that's the situation.

geposted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 1:50 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well if you are in a situation, that you have an a capella AND original track, you can combine them (while inverting one of tracks) so that same frequencies (in this case a capella) will be excluded. You can get an instrumental version in this way.

It's also possible if you have an instrumental version and original track, you can do the same trick thus removing the instruments, and you'll have a capella.

But this only works (with best results) if both "tracks" are exportet and masterd THE SAME (and of same quality) way and they must be synced PERFECTLY. So, not good to be doing it on the fly right ;)

Usually, it won't be easy, and many times impossible to achieve results with insignificant loss of quality, so good luck :)

Regards,
erXon

geposted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 2:15 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
That's was what i'm talking about, right Erxon.
But even if the two tracks are mastered the same way, they are different mixes so the final compressor/limiter behave different applying different dynamics, which mean it is unlikely to get good results. It is not so easy...

geposted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 2:43 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Exactly :)

geposted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 11:42 am
okey guys, I understand... but I have heard that it is possible if u have the instrumental of a song, than u can get the acapella of the song... but shit da same...

geposted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 4:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)