Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rick (widescreen Qs)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey, how's that centrino laptop working for you?

The centrino is working great. But I have not had time to test it fully. Yan-X (if I remember correctly) mentioned something about centrinos slowing down after extended use. I have not experienced that yet.

How's the wide screen display?

It's a 15.4-inch LCD panel with 16:10 aspect ratio
It's about 13 inches wide.

What happens when you load up a 1024 X 768 skin? I'm guessing it fills top to bottom, and leaves spaces on the sides?

Correct.

What if you hit the maximize button?

When maximizing VDJ, the skin is stretched out horizontally. And it does not look that good. You can work with it.

Have you made a wide screen skin?

I'm working on one. But because my laptop only supports 1920*1200 in widescreen mode, I'm making this a skin with that resolution.

If you were to buy another laptop just for working with VDJ, would you get a wide screen, or would you go back?

As a skinner, I love the widescreen. You can fit more into the skin.... and that is a good thing since VDJ is increasing its number of skin-elements/features. But... there are no widescreen skin out there yet.

Hope thins helps you out, Rick or anybody else.

- Jim

geposted Fri 26 Mar 04 @ 9:19 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just trying to gain some information. There is a new laptop in my not too distant future. The more I know about what's working, the better I'll be prepared for my purchase. I've seen several wide screen laptops. They look awesome!
I wish I had the knowledge and ability to produce skins. But knowing that you have a wide screen seems to make it definately possible that there will be skins available for them in the not too distant future.

Thank you very much Jim!

geposted Fri 26 Mar 04 @ 9:31 pm
Sure...

Maybe widescreen laptops will become more and more common.
I enjoy it whenever I'm not using VDJ... DVD movies for instance...

Ah the skins... I'm hoping that new drivers will come out so that I can run lower widescreen-resolutions on my laptop... Designing a 1920*1200-skin is no easy task. Luckily I do not need to do it from scratch this time. My widescreen-skin is work in progress... little by little... I'll submit it when it's done. ...hopefully before you've purchased your laptop.

- Jim

geposted Sat 27 Mar 04 @ 12:40 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i think that this will be the case. as far as i know there is a worldwide switch to the 16:9 format for tv transmission, it only seems logical that computers will follow the same standards.

geposted Sun 28 Mar 04 @ 10:34 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)