Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: "Loop_Shift" improvement....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
"Loop_Shift" is one of my favorite loop functions, you can do amazing things with it and it works as expected, using (-) values it shifts left, using (+) values the loop shift right,
value= (amount of) beats to shift.
One idea to make it perfect:
A specific value (maybe +0, and -0) to make the loop shift at the amount of beats of the current loop.
Is it clear ?
Example (using shortcuts) : create an 8 beats loop.
Then (without to think about) using these shorcuts to shift the loop by -8, or +8.
If the user change the loop on the fly to 2 beats, then the same keys to do -2/+2 loop_shift.

This will be a fast and creative loop function.

Thanks for reading..

geposted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 4:08 pm
That would be handy, I would also like to be able to shorten the loop from both ends at the same time.
So that you can shorten inwards to a beat rather than have to shorten and shift at the same time...I've tried to do it manually and it's hard but the effect is good, then a quick exit.
Alternatively a plugin could work but tbh I think that might be harder to work.

Ross.

geposted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 5:52 pm
Dj Ross, this is a good idea also, to short/expand a loop from both edges, i think it will produce interesting effects too.
However for this, a spesific value on the "loop_length" command will required, i'm in....

geposted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 2:04 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
the problem i have with this function is that u can only move whole numbers. that is 1, 2, 3 etc.. as opposed to decimals... 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 etc...

same problem with creating rewind and forward shortcuts

same problem with other functions that require one to use decimals like pitch or whatever..

but i guess if decimals where used some functions would really expose the sloppiness of vdj sound engines like the seek or nudge feature.

imo

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 6:53 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I would much prefer a manual loop edit.., especially when the BPM value is wrong.

If you draw 4 beats on the waveform of a song with incorrect BPM, and were to be able to press "set to", the loop should then be good throughout the song, and more impressively you should get a BPM value just from 4 beats you've drawn.

This would be great for 1. songs that don't loop well without adjustment.
2. songs with inaccurate BPM.

geposted Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 4:24 pm
bag that is already there. loop in and loop out. u can create keyboard shortcuts if ur skin doesnt show them.

geposted Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 10:12 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I know what your saying, but I mean literally drawing it on like you would in cool edit pro, and being able to set that loop value to change the BPM value, so then every BPM would be correct (done manually).

geposted Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 10:30 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just read this thread for the first time, and I'd love to see apopsis idea implemented (a loop shift of the amount of the loop value).

geposted Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 10:35 pm
This was the idea of this post, i use shift_loop as a very creative tool.
Imagine 2 loops in sync (both players) and shift one of them or both left and right to create variations, or change the lenght of the loops. Magic..
Usually i shift the loopss by +/- 1 beat steps, but because loops are "phrases" it will be interesting to shift by the current loop amount of beats.

geposted Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 3:50 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i like the sound of these ideas. having more flexibility is allways welcome but a general feature would be the long requested little discussed idea of 'where it would have been if the effect. loop, position change etc etc was not used'. i meen i have gotten used to setting a loop and progressively halving the length and then pressing the jump forward X beats button to make it join up to the drop or whatever that the speeding up loop was hyping up. but wouldnt it be nice if it just went there when you exited the loop, sort of like the reverse plugin it just carys on from where the sound would have been, just plays back the reveresd sound so we still know where it is and can time the effect cut off point.

have to say tho the best way i have of looping creatively is pressing the jump buttons cretively can get some mad effects using them

geposted Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 4:39 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yeah it would be nice too (and should be the subject of another request topic), but the main reason I like apopsis idea is that, as he does, my loops are based on "phrases", could be 4-beats for a simple 4-on-the-floor, or could be 8 or 16 beats when a vocal sample spans that long. In those cases, apopsis idea will let you loop-shift through the track without having to chop through a vocal sample or a melody (which often sounds cheasy to me).

The "go where it would have been" feature you mention could be really useful, however one would have to be careful to not press it at the wrong time so he/she doesn't get beamed back into the middle of a phrase. If you create a topic for it (or can point me to it if it exists), I'll go and support it :)

geposted Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 8:02 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
a value of 0 should make the loop jump the loop length and i think its a good idea(should have added that to my last post lol) oh yer but can you set + and - 0? reason i was chatting about the "where it would have been" feature was my missunderstanding of what apopsis wanted to do. oh and feel free to take the lead on the "where it would have been" idea cause i cant be bothered lol :P

geposted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 3:53 am
this is what i've had for

4 loop, 8 loop, loop shift forwards, loop shift backwards

Deck A: B key, N key, M key, shift+M key
Deck B: comma key, period (fullstop) key, / key, shift+/ key

i'd rarely use the 16 loop and would use the skin button for that. the shift+M and shift+/ keys are for aligning the loop. say the loop point is missed by a beat or 2 i'd use these to move back to the precise point.
--------

now to fit apop's feature u could modify the M and shift+M (and / and shift+/) keys to move 4 and 8 loops and u'd have the requested feature.

or add other shortcut keys

geposted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 4:22 pm
bagpuss i think what u (and i) really want is being able to set points (loops cue cgb etc) using the mouse on the rhythm window (as opposed to only using the keyboard keys).
this would open a whole can of whoop ass functions/possiblities.

geposted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 4:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)