Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Behringer BCD2000 available... - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 8:31 am
If anyone gets one of these let us know how you get on with it.
I'm currently enjoying the DAC-3, but would be nice to have a crossfader control for moving the video slider.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 12:24 pm
The BCD 2000 is not shiping yet sorry. That is just a sales gimick to get you to buy other hardware. They figure if you buy someing else they can back order your main purchase and send you what they have before you can cancel the whole order.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 3:19 pm
I agree.. even on the behringer site its release date is still 'to be announced'.
Had exactly the same problem with the DAC-3 - advertised everywhere even before a release date, and then I had to wait for drivers for the thing

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 3:32 pm
It -IS- available to order now !..., try it..
Thomann.de is a serious company, as i said, i bought from them again and i know how they working.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 5:14 pm
I think it was originally intended for the first quarter of 2005, but there were issues and they are quite rightly waiting to iron out all the issues before releasing it. The feeling I am getting from searching on the internet is that its 'any day' now. It may be that your site knows something we don't or maybe they are jumping the gun, i guess time will tell, i hope its soon for all those that want one.

Is it just a midi controller and sound card like the hercules or is an analogue mixer as well, I notice it has phono inputs, but these may be line in's for time-coded vinyl or the like. If it is a mixer its a real shame you can only switch one of the phono inputs to line in rather than deck in. I would like to use it in conjunction with a pair of dual cd players but it looks like it will only allow one :(

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 5:34 pm
I think we should stop posting about how it might be available. I'll start listening to these threads when someone has one and can report about how well it works with VDJ.

I have a lot of interest in this thing so I am hoping someone actually buys it and reports back soon!

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 9:08 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I'm very interested too. Who's the one to report the successful purchase of these Controller?

geposted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 9:38 pm
I just want to be able to purchase one and can't because it's still in China waiting to be made. I have been following this controller since January . I check every day and it is not here yet.

geposted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 1:06 am
i`m located in austria and i ordered it in march!!!they told me i will get it in mai-but i`m still waiting!!!!every month a mail what tell`s next month:-)let`s see?

geposted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 1:28 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
apopsis, be careful, on thomman, under "availability of this product", it says "short ordering time (2-5 days)" and not "in stock".

Their definition:
short ordering time (2-5 days) : This product is not in our stock, but is normally available at the supplier and that how can be easily ordered.

So thomman can be very honest and convey what they're told by the supplier (behringer), unfortunately behringer is rotten. I've talked to many a reseller locally that have pissed-off customers that pre-ordered months ago. behringer is not delivering and the resellers are taking the heat.

Anyway, if I were you, I'd cancel my order and wait till thomann shows it "in stock".

But hopefully for you I'm wrong and the units are finally shipping (although that's not what it says on behringer's own site)

geposted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 7:33 am
Guess what... The status on thomann.de changed again to unavailable... I think something is really wrong with Behringer.. I also have the feeling that the console had or stiill have big and important issues. They announced it early this year along with other new pruducts, all of them are in the market now.

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 3:00 am
Let's not be upset for the wait. I personally am sick and tired of manufactures taking my money for a hardware product that is not ready to be sold. I would rather it work than have to send it back.

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 4:21 am
Yes i agree with that.

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 11:56 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
and you're not upset with manufacturers allowing resellers to accept pre-orders months before the unit will be distributed?

thomann is a honest company, they won't mark a product as "available within 3-5 days" unless they've been told it will be.

Behringer has very questionable marketing practices.

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 12:15 pm
Yes. But you can control that. Just cancel your order or don't pre-order it. Call them and make sure they are not selling you a future product but something current and use a reputable seller.

geposted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 1:50 pm
Behringer has a justification for me because at the end it always has (not the best but) good quality products at very low prices.
My Bcf-2000 (180 euro) midi controller with motorized faders almost does the job of a Mackie control (1000+ euro). My analog -10 years old- Behringer 16ch console, still is working very well and costed much less than a Mackie or soundcraft at that time.
And we all expect the BCD-2000 console to be far better than the toy-sh Hercules... with proper buttons and controls at least.

geposted Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 1:54 am
Well I am almost certain that I will buy one of these things, if just to check it out. It looks sweet at least.

geposted Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 2:52 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I hope the delay will put in the right side the pitch and volume of this console. In the left side is inverted fader. The pitch is outside and the volume at the right... The pitch is better to be at the right in both decks. Don't you think?

http://www.behringer.com//BCD2000/BCD2000_big.jpg

Even with this inconvenience is a very good option.

geposted Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 4:47 am
i personally would like pitch outside on both decks and level nearest the crossfader

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 6:57 pm
80%