Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: external harddrive storage

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hi guys i`m just about finished building my enclosure for gigin with but im unsure if i should build my external hard drive into the enclosure or carry it in a separate case and conect it up at each gig, i think it would be secure enough in the gig box but just wondering if there is any pros and cons from people who run external hd`s?

geposted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 7:05 pm
I keep both xp10 and my USB hard drive in one of these:

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail~waGroup1datarq~ata%20case~eqint_KeyIDdata~21868~UID~2005090915302685~newproduct~T~itemNumber~RRL-UC%2001%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20.tpl

The pick-n-pluck foam allows you to carve out a space in the foam that fits your drive perfectly. It's very cheap too. If the link doesn't work then just google RRL-UC 01 and take a look. I would defintely recommend some external protection for your data drive. My hard drive is cradled gig to gig with everloving foam cradling cloud 9 treatment.

geposted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 9:23 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm on the verge of getting another external hdd. I'll be making my hdd part of my roadcase. I wouldnt recommend having a separate case for it. My ideal situation is the less you have to move it around the better.

Like anewsome recommends using foam is always a good idea and looks pro.

geposted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 10:01 pm
what i mean is do i build it into my gigcase beside my pc, mixer, dmc1, screen ect and have it permanetly in there durin transit between gigs ect or am i better takin it out the gig case when im transporting it

geposted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 11:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
i would recommend to have it inside your case, but make sure that it has enough air to "breath". Try touching a HD after a couple of hours hard job. It burns !

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 2:04 am
It depends on what you want:
take separate:
- You have to lug more parts
- You have the option to store your new songs on the drive, plug it in and you are ready to go.

Take in one case
- Less parts to take around, less setup time
- Possibly new songs have to be copied by cd rom

In my case, all my equipment, including pc is staying in the truck (Too much equipment to store in my livingroom ;-) ). So I take my drive out each night. I also have my mp3 database and the database with que points etc on this external drive. At home I could do preparations, like placing the songs in the correct folder, update the mp3 database, store cue points etc. When I have set up the equipment, I plug in my external drive (I have an additional power build in) and I'm ready to go.
If you have your computer available during the non-gig hours I would build all in the same case.
Ewout

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 4:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)