Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rip a continuous mix

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I use smart ripper, and want to know if it is possible to rip a mix with id marks in the mix. Promoonly, offers dance mixes with 3 traxs per mix. However, there are chapter id's for each trax. Is there a way to rip this as one continuous VOB?

geposted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 10:10 pm
Am I the only one interested in this? Can this be done or not? Do I need different software? Help a brother out.

geposted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 7:03 pm
Are you talking about ripping music video DVDs or audio mixes? Since you say VOB, I suppose you are talking about video right?

geposted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 11:08 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if you cant simply use an edit program to splice the pieces together
but im sure if you use a batch decoder you can elect to rip as one file

geposted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 12:29 am
Well since you didn't answer me, I am going to assume you are ripping music videos. If it is a continuous mix and the mix has chapter marks in the DVD, then you should be able to rip each chapter into a seperate file. I don't know what you mean ID marks in the DVD spec, but you should be able to rip into seperate files on either title boundaries or chapter boundaries. If you want to rip a continous mix that does not have chapter markers, and add your own chapter markers, then you can do that with DVD authoring software. I prefer dvdauthor on Linux for mastering DVDs without elaborate menu systems. I prefer my own menu creation scripts + dvdauthor for authoring DVDs with moderately complex menus. I prefer DVD Studio on Mac OS X for authoring DVDs with complex menus. Although any of those solutions will allow you to add chapter markers anywhere in the video stream. Most simple PC based DVD author software will not allow you to put chapter/title markers anywhere in the stream, those simple programs will usually use the one file = one chapter type of authoring. Not very flexible.

geposted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 12:44 am
Thanks for the replys. These are music videos. I don't think I got my point across, sorry about that. Promoonly has a dance mix series. They are all mixed, three videos in each set. I want to rip this whole set, as one one continuous mix. The problem is they have chapter id's, so you can acsess each individual trax, if you wish. How do I rip this set, as one VOB file? I know you can do this with audio files.

geposted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 8:47 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

You could use an edition software and append the first video with the other 2. Then save the new file with the 3 videos in it.

geposted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 9:06 pm
Not sure what you mean, but will that give me the three tracks, mixed as they are on the dvd?

geposted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 9:11 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Yes. I use Roxio edition software that comes with Roxio Easy Media Creator Home (Roxio 7), but you can use other if you wish.

geposted Thu 13 Oct 05 @ 10:00 pm
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
To make a rip in one VOB file go to the settings in SmartRipper, and in "file-splitting" select "max-filesize". Go a little down and Select the appropriate size in Mb to suit all the content in one file - if the file is bigger than the size you've setted, it will be splitted.
Remember that if you work on a FAT32 based system you can't have files bigger than 4Gb, if you are on NTFS it's ok.

I hope this can help.

Ciao!! :)

geposted Fri 14 Oct 05 @ 11:31 am
arjuna, you hit the nail on the head. That worked perfectly. I bought these Dance Mixed DVD's from Promoonly, before I got this software. Since I have them, I wanted to use them. I made the club owner take back a new vcr, and get a vcr-dvd combo, so I could still play them. Now I don't need it. Prior to VDJ, I was bringing in two dvd players everyday. I'm suprised this hadn't been asked for earlier. Maybe it was, and I missed it. Thanks again for the help.

Peace

geposted Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 4:31 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)