Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best CD Player!! (poll) - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

majikPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have the pioneer cmx 3000 and like it. I have the new denon 4500 and like it. I have the small denons too. The best for me is the pioneer cdj1000. I travel to many cities to dj and most of the clubs I work at have the cdjs.

Majik

geposted Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 6:45 am
@asposis -

That is the dream ! But definately what we want, the denon/pioneer/technics CD players would make awesome midi controllers. Could build sound cards into them as well but not essential, could still use MAYA 44 etc. Imagine just going out with two of them, a mixer and a laptop... you could have a CD in the player just incase your VDJ crashes as well :) ... I think (hope) we may see such things soon....

geposted Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 3:42 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
For the future, I think the way to go is: Mixers with USB sound cards, and CD-Players with midi mappers (and some extra assignable buttons) so we can use them as a controllers.

geposted Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 4:36 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Has anyone of you guys tested the CDJ800's and Denon DNS3000?.., I'm deciding between these 2, the Denon seems to have more features, particulary the tempting rotating platter, The pioneer for me looks like it has better and more convenient looping buttons. Tough decision, any thoughts fellas?.

geposted Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 11:11 pm
Bagpuss,
The pioneer has a very good platter (static). the same is used on the cdj1000. So if you alos do gigs in clubs where they have the cdj 1000 players, you have the experience. The loop buttons work like the loop buttons in vdj. If I remember good you only have 2,4 and 8 beat, or even 1,2 and 4 beat. Read the specs for this. All other functionality is basic like on my Denon 2000f back in 1993.

The Denon deck has a spinning platter and more functionality. This deck aslo plays mp3 cds, the Pioneer does not. I hope you could get one, because stock is limited, while the 3000 is replaced by the 3500.

So you have to make the decission if you like a spinning platter or a static one. Go for a basic player or a more advanced player.

If the price difference is not too big between a denon 3500 and the pioneer cdj 800, I would go for the Denon definately. Direct drive (could also used as static like the pio's ) effects and far more options like loops, hot starts, sampler and also plays mp3 discs.

Hard decision... Good luck ;-)

Ewout

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 1:17 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
spinning platter is a big advantage for scratching to feel and sound realistic...
And i think it is not that hard decision.., go for the Denon.

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 2:17 am
Thanks for that guys, I just wanted a second opinion really.

The denon DNS3500 is £700 a piece, whilst the CDJ800 is only £450, big big difference :), the Denon DNS3000 are also around £450, the price is pretty much the same.

I see the pioneers being more industry standard, whilst the Denon has more features, I know the pioneer has a great scratch sound, and I read that the Denon has too.

I like the spinning platter, the thing is I'm used to static, does the Denon DNS3000 allow you to deactivate the platter? (just in case I don't like it).

Another thing with the active platter that it looks better, to see motion, it's more exciting as simple as it is.

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 2:41 am

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 2:40 pm
Thanks superstorm, If this thing is going to be disconinued (which it is), doesn't seem so tempting all of a sudden, It's like their backing out of the mid-range market, maybe the CDJ800 was doing this machine some damage. They have their DNS1000 (lower end), 5000 and 3500 (both high end), strange really.

I may look at Pioneer after all.., unless we see anything else hit the mid-priced market.

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 4:05 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

geposted Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 2:54 am
bagpuss,
it is already discontinued. Look at the Denon site (http://www.denondj.com). The DN-3000 is not any longer in the product list.
You are right that there is a slight gap between the price between the 1000 and the 3500 and 5000. Just remember that both the cdj800 and the dn3000 prica at release time was around €800. This is also the price of the dn3500. If you wait 2 or 3 years the dn-3500 will cost the same as the dn-3000 and the cdj800 cost at this moment.
Ewout

geposted Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 1:04 pm
That's true mate, The Denons have stopped making them, but their are still thousands of the units in UK warehouses going for the same price as the CDJ800, I'm surprised they've pulled out the mid-market, the unit still looks better than many other models from other brands..

I hope the CDJ800 doesn't have a simular end soon, kinda feels bad to be spending over 1000Euros on a pair of CD decks and not get up to date equipment, but I guess it's quite an excessive business in it's nature..,

The price you can pay for a deck that could still make HUGE profit on almost half the retail price, but on the other hand some gigs pay so excessively that you could of made a HUGE profit taking half the fee..

geposted Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 2:10 pm
There is a rumour that Pioneer will have some new equipment in the start of 2006. So maybe then, the cdj800 or cdj1000mk2 will be replaced, or both.
If I buy equipment I use it for 2 or 3 years and buy some new stuff then. New models are available and the possibillity for failure after 2 or 3 years is increasing.
Ewout

geposted Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 3:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)