Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: pulling my hair out and i aint got much left!! (bpms)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jrmcukPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ok heres my prob: in the window that shows the beats with the large blocks and the small blocks, beat 1, beat 2, beat 3, beat 4, etc, on some of my tunes these blocks dont align with the peaks of the tune that im playing so i cant beat match 2 tunes together, how the hell can i correct this please it seems to be the problem with a lot of my tunes.

hope someone can help,

thanks for your time.

jrmc.

geposted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 11:46 am
arrghh that annoyed the heck out of me the other day, i was mixing a cd, and it had gone perfect for about an hour and then all my beats started to get out of alignment, but as the track went on, they sorted themselves out.
but still it was very frustrating, and i thought it was just because i was using a demo version...
so if any one knows why it does this please help us. and before anyone says it, i did wait until the tracks were fully loaded..

geposted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 11:50 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Ok,
Heres how you fix that.
Load up the track.
Play the first few seconds and find the first down beat (kick drum).
The taller spikes will generally be the snare (beat 2&4).
Set a cue point there.
Open bpm and the edit grid tab.
At this point click set beat for anchor 1.
Then start track and count 32 beats from that point by ear watching the wave form.
If it is not a complicated beat pattern you can use less beats, but 32 gives you a good average and reduces drift.
Then click the second beat/anchor box.
This will correct any bpm descrepancy and also align the anchors properly.
Make sure you have analyzed the track first or it wont be saved.
I do this with just the tracks that I will mix and not play out fully. Tracks such as slow dances, line dances or classics that need to be played I just cue the intro and leave it. If you really want to dial it in, set a second cue at the break, that will help you mix out seamlessly.

geposted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 12:11 pm
Sounds like it will take some getting used to, but that just makes it all funner.
Thanks for that mp3jrick

geposted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 12:32 pm
Just remember to do that beforehand, because when you notice the beats aren't right live it makes it a hell of a lot harder to sync both tracks (Specially if mixed with other problems like no cues or no monitor -- stuff happens)

Spangle

geposted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 12:58 pm
Most of the times the bpm is correct but is the beat grid not correct. For example the large block is on the second or third beat instead on the first.

Some skins have buttons to correct this, but I created 2 shortcuts for it:
- button ] for action adjust_cbg4(+1). Momentarily not selected
- button [ for action adjust_cbg4(-1). Momentarily not selected

Then you can move the first cbg block to the left and to the right with the [ and the ] button
This is fasterthen going to the bpm menu all the time.
You could try it out for yourself. If you don't like it you always could delete the shortcuts again
Ewout

geposted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 7:14 pm
thnx for your help peeps problem sorted no more hair loss for now :)

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 3:47 am
Superstom: top notch m8 good idea its sooooooooo much quicker thnx,

jrmc.

geposted Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 8:29 am
mp3jrick:

thanx a lot m8 i did that and i even found that some i had 2 do over 64 and 128 beats but it sure as hell worked, (i send a virtual six pack of beer over your way) on a couple i found that i had 2 re-record them through vdj back into wav form and then do like you said any way thnx 4 the help.

jrmc.

geposted Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 8:45 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
(ive suggested this before --->) after analysing the program vdj comes up with a bpm most of the time its correct but sometimes it can be off. for hip-hop there'r some ranges that the program just has a problem gettin some bpms eg. 92--98

-
i'd use jtrick's similar way of generating bpms (without settin up cues coz u can just pause the beat at the peak of a beat and set the first Anchor Distance in Edit Bpm then play a 4 or 8 beat and set the second Anchor Distance).

then go to the BPM tab and see what bpm vdj comes up with and if its wrong go back to the first tab and get the correct number of beats using the < and > arrows.

Now.. this is at least a 2 minute process coz u have to zoom in the wave thing then go into the track (Edit BPM), set up Anchor 1 and 2 distances etc... this process could be minimized if the program had values (right or wrong) to be edited by the < and > arrows.

so with this addition, say u get a new track and its analysed and the bpm is wrong... just to to Edit BPM and edit the number of beats under the anchor distance coz editing this will edit the bpm in the bpm tab.... (follow me!) eliminating the process of manually setting up the anchors one and 2.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/11732/New_features/Post_it_here_.html?page=1

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 9:30 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)