Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Souncards

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is there any other sound card (besides the Maya44) that can be used for a LAPTOP with only USB(NO Firewire) such that i'll be able to use TCV's? Please Help.

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 12:13 am
Are you just flat out against the Maya? Is there a reason you want to use something other than a card we all know works OK,.. not great I admit but it's known to work alright.

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 12:45 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
apparently the maya is good for this program but i personaly use a terratec phase 88 and it works fine (had a problem with ASIO in another system but VDJ was working fine) so generaly if its got enough inputs and outputs and original manurfacturer low-latency ASIO drivers. oh and naturaly is USB. alot of FS users have had problems with fire wire giving too inconsistent a data path for low latency opperation. USB seems to be fine at this with data streaming supported and hence no dropouts as the graphics etc monopolise the CPU

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 3:54 am
I have nothing against the Maya. If I could get it, I would buy it. It's just that I need one ASAP.

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 7:39 am
Searching the forum gives me the impression that the Delta 44 card is also suitable for timecoded vinyls.

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 7:40 am
Their is many sound cards avaialbe their is a pretty good list by mixvibes, the maya is absoulty terrible, people will disagree it will be mainly the owners of that card but it is.... i recomend you either use a USB2.0 Card, a firewire 800/ or just firewire or a PCMCIA based card such as the RME stuff http://www.mixvibes.com/new/pageeng/page.php?x=audio but if you want a cheap solution the ESI UDJ seems to be the best ;)

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 7:50 am
I'm using a laptop, so i'm restricted to USB. I don't have FireWire.

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 5:41 pm
Thanx for that list SimonBal. It gave me a clear view on what my options are.

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 6:19 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

geposted Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 5:29 am
pejo71Home userMember since 2005
Yes.Creative Audigy platinum2 external with USB2.

Good mix!

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 3:27 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 8:08 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)