Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Integration of separate key/pitch faders into next version of virtual dj

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Why dont you just integrate separate key/ pitch faders into the next version of virtual dj?
Because if it's going to have it i'll purchase it because now with hercules dj consloe i prefer mixing with native inst. Traktor DJ Studi because of the separate key/pitch shifters, but in virtual dj the effects and samles and the beatlook engine and also the user interface is mutch better.
so please integrate separate key/ pitch faders into the next version of virtual dj!
I heard that with the phase vocoder algorithm it gives a very good sound quality,but a bit more cpu power is requiered, so you could integrate a switch between phase vocoder algo, psola algo, and the normal version without key/pitch separation for thos who havent very good laptop or computer.
Thanks a lot
D

geposted Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 9:02 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
its been said time and time again why cant they just do it lol!

geposted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 3:22 am
yes, man, just do it!

geposted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 6:57 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I think the right order is to improve the existing Time stretch (Master tempo) algorithm first, and then offer a pitch shift function. These 2 algorithms are the two sides of the same coin..
Thats why i hope...
Let the team make it right !

geposted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 6:57 pm
can we have it now !

geposted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 10:21 pm
Traktor works with the phase vocoder pitch (key) shifting algo.
Like this: phase vocoder gives a very good quality of sound between -5 / + 4 sermitones
but i would say just mix at the maximum of -3 / + 2. If you pitch (tempo like on vinyl) a song down
the key decreases also. -> you change the key until its the orignal key (Virtual Dj could do this automatically). so you can make a timestrech too with key shifting.

geposted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 8:52 pm
yes having the ability to set tempo and speed seperately is what we are talking about naturaly with the button to 'join' the two as seen in popular DJ programs accross the laannnndddd

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 2:15 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
if ur talking about having master tempo seperate on each deck then i second that.

geposted Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 6:45 pm
a simple concept;

on an analouge turntable when you increase the pitch (the RPM of the platter) you increase both the key (the musical pitch/note) and the speed of the track (the tempo/BPM etc). when you are palying back music analouge these are linked and cannot be separated. when we have a digital medium that allows us to use time stretching we can, for example, increase the speed of the track or 'squash' it in time stretching terms (make it shorter in length) without affecting the musical note. a popular DJ program that shal remain nameless separates these two controlls, both key(mucical pitch/note etc) and tempo (BPM) with the option of 'joining' the two so that it acts in an analouge way with no time stretching like a regular turntable does as explained above. This is totaly bitching and i whish VDJ would do this. mostly cause it would mean a new time stretching algorythm that doesnt totaly suck (well so i would assume anyway)

geposted Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 2:47 am
PSOLA and PHASE VOCODING are much better than the sample shufling that VDJ employs currently

geposted Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 2:49 am
as i said before ;)
I thinks it's much work to integrate this separating pitch/key with a !good! quality of output into virtualdj but it's worth the work because-> if virtual has this feauture it's really better then the djing programm (TRKTR DJ STD), and there will be much more dj's going from this prog to virtual.
For it's price it's the best software i know, but integrating the pitch/key thing would make it much better!

geposted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 10:06 pm
well this is something I can do with the Numark TTx and many numark cd players.

move the pitch up or down until you find the right key. lock the key and then adjust the pitch from there.

This is the only way I've seen it done.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 10:24 pm
wel thats one way of doing it but if you didnt have to do one, lock it and then do the other it would be easier and faster

how do you post pics by the way?

geposted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 4:31 am
AHHHH

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 5:47 am
lol thats realy wide

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 5:48 am
DJ Xeo,
your idea was implemented in my old cd player the Denon 2500F:
- You could simply pitch a song: Tempo and key would change
- You could switch on Master Tempo: Tempo is changed, key will remain as the song was at normal speed (0% pitch)
- Toy could change the key: Tempo would not change, key could be changed up or down.

So you could separate change the pich (by slider) and key (By up/down button).

This was a nice implementation.
Ewout

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 12:42 pm
UPDATE: ok so im writing this a few mins after getting the update..............no key change with the new high quality pitch lock, is it a fourier transform algorythm? but this is only an interim realease anyway the next update will be better.

cant wait to see if it has no latency when used, if it gets a key changer and if it realy is useable on a realistic system and waht it deos to the reactivity and stability of the program

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 2:10 am
You're right. It already sounds ok, but is consuming lots of cpu. Curious to see if the team could improve it.
Like dj-in-norway always said: just wait and see...
Ewout

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 8:27 pm
exactly ;) couldn't have said it better.... lol

geposted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 10:25 pm
hope they aren't so chuffed theyve got a decent time stretch that they dont include the option to change the musical pitch or atleast let you lock the pitch at something other than 0%

geposted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 1:10 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)