Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: history playlists + Cue Points

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

kokaiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi All,

1) I would like to save the history playlists in a different directory then the playlists directory.

2) Disable automatic Cue points in the AutoDJ mode.

10x

geposted Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 4:33 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1) You can create a batch file. This way when VirtualDJ is closed your history.txt and playlists are copied to your favorite folder.

geposted Sun 06 Nov 05 @ 5:42 pm
I can do a batch file or a small program, but I will have to check which files are the history files and which are regular playlists, It would be much esaier for VirtualDJ to just save them in a history folder.

geposted Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 11:26 am
You're right.

In the past I suggested to be able to select our favorites folder in the config. pannel:
- Playlists location
- Parameters location (database & shortcuts)
- Samples location

At present:
- History file is: ....\VirtualDJ\history.txt (generally C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ\histori.txt)
- Playlists are there: ....\VirtualDJ\playlists (copy the entire folder where you want)

geposted Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 1:25 pm
I like the idea of Clax very much.

I use a laptop for small gigs and a shuttle pc for my mobile show. For both setups I use a Maxtor external harddrive. I would like to have my VirtualDJ Database.xml file on my external drive.
Currently I have to analyse all tracks on 2 machines. Also If i set Cue point I don't have them on my other machine.

I know that I could copy the files manually or create a batch file. After a gig I just forget every time to copy the files. My Shuttle machine is always in the truck, so it is not easy to get the files whenever I want. It is just easier if vdj is using the files on my external drive.
Ewout

geposted Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 10:11 pm
I created a dual-boot on my laptop and VDJ is installed twice on different drives.
I have of course two VirtualDJ folders so two database files, two effects folders, two skin folders, ...

Yes I think it would be useful to be able to encode where these information are stored.
Happy to see I'm not the only one.

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 3:01 am
thanks all for responding

what i meant is a different location for the generated history playlists, not just the text file.

anyone knows something about the cue points in autoDJ mode? can I disable it?

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 9:02 am
I don't really understand your question.

The only points used in "automix" are the start and end mix points. The cues are not used.
You can change these start and end points in the automix config. (Hit the BPM button in most skins to open it).

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 4:42 pm
Clax,
I saw this same question also in the dutch forum. You could set these start and end points for a song. But if you have a playlist with lots of songs in, you have to change those points song by song this is quite a lot of work. It would be usefull (not for me, while I never use automix) to have an option, in config or registry, to enable or disable start and endpoints.

This is just another request beside the one to have the option to set the location for some vdj system files.

Ewout

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 5:59 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
setting the folders in the config might be a good idea, i'll mark this on our todo list.

in the meanwhile, you can already do it by going in the registry settings and changing the value of "HomeFolder".
but it has to be the same root for everything (skins, effects, playlists, etc...). the virtualdj.exe though does not have to be in this folder, so you can set this to an external harddrive and keep the executable on your internal drive.

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 3:29 pm
You are right I meant the start and end point,

Dev, is there any registry tweak for that?

can I disable the start and End Mix points, while in Auto DJ mode?

10x

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 6:28 pm
Force Fade & fade Length.
Did you try ?

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 7:02 pm
Dev staff,
thanks very much for your response. Changing the setting in the registry is ok for me. I will try it and think it is very usefull for me.
Ewout

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 7:49 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Great..

geposted Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 2:32 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)