Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recording one track and then adding splits?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jzafraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm trying to find out how to split tracks on the track recorded on VDJ. What I mean is that I'm creating recrodings on VDJ that are mixes of mutliple tracks but when the recorded mix is done it's only one track that burns onto a CD. I know there's some way to add like tags or splits in the same one track recording so that when listening it doesn't stop on each track but plays continously but if I want to go to a certain track I can do so also. Sorry if I'm not too clear. But if anyone understands what I'm talking about I would appreciate any help.

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 9:04 pm
I would recommend using DAO (disk at once) software that allows you to put track markers in the mix. I believe Nero does this. I use software that allows me to use the bin/cue format to burn CDs. This way I just create a .cue file that explains the track layout and I can put the track markers anywhere I want (as well as add CDtext for players that support them).

You can also use the split track now button in the record panel on VDJ but this never works for me, since I am focused on mixing and not pushing buttons on VDJ.

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 9:23 pm
jzafraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks, I actually have Nero but to tell you the truth I tried to see if I could figure it out but I'm stuck, Couldn't figure out. Think you could help?

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 9:25 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
jzafra,

First, You have to record in VDJ in split mode. Then when all your songs in these way, you could use Nero 6 or Roxio 7 to burn your CD without gaps and then you have your CD as a single track but you could select the desire song to jump to it directly.

geposted Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 10:37 pm
What up Dj,

I am having the same problem as you, just wanted to know what you did to correct the problem. I am not understanding

geposted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 10:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
i think you can not split into multiple files when you record, if you are using an external mixer.

geposted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 12:05 am
You can use software like Feurio to open the single file and put the track markers where you want them, then it will burn the CD for you. You can even add CD Text to title your tracks if your burner supports this.

geposted Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 12:26 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)