Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sync Song/File Posi....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
Suggesting Sync Song/File Position:
This function would allow the same song/file on both decks to Sync Song Position even tho the active deck song position is behind/ahead the other one.

eg. one has same song on both decks playing around/looping/scratching with one deck [in the background] and wants to catch up with the other deck. Instead of seeking one could just hit this function/button and the song jumps to match the position of the other deck that's ahead (or behind).

(for the hip-hop heads) to make this function even more fun, it should be able to go a little bit ahead 2 or 3 or 4 beats ahead so that u can flip doubles with the percussion.

geposted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 4:02 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I like this !

geposted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 4:21 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
this feature aswell as being good for speeding up turntable tricks getting u rite to the matching position instantly it would also be helpful in another way. if you double load a song (load it in both players) to set cues, explore/study the waveform etc etc then being able to jump rite to the current position (and then subsequently jump forward 16 beats or soemthing) wouold allow you to 'hear into the future' lol so you dont get caught out dropping in a 16 beat intro because there was a 1 bar extra hype up or something on the exiting song (so the song ends up on beat but out of 'phrase')

wicked idea and probably not hard to implement at all. ROLL ON 3.2! lol

geposted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 7:34 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I liked it for all these reasons Dj Xeo,
i just don't talk too much...

Can be 2 types of sync actions then:
The existing sync used for tempo (as is or as Bpm_sync)
and a "Time_Sync" action,...
..but wait a minute... what if songs are different (so different lengths)
ok, if "Out of range" then command can be ignored (and do nothing)....

This idea will be very crative for turntablelist dj's/scratchers
(like myself)

geposted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 11:35 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
"... wicked idea and probably not hard to implement at all. ROLL ON 3.2! lol "

yeah doesnt sound like it would be hard to impliment. tho it looks like the updates have some lost steam. then again maybe some big's about to happen.

"...ok, if "Out of range" then command can be ignored (and do nothing)...."

i was thinking the same thing too.
then again the feature could be made a little bit more smart like this... the user/dj can mark the beginning of the track. say the beginning of the verse (since remixes and orginals could have different times/beats but the same vocal times). then the program can attempt to match the two in relation to both tracks' marks and played time. so that way it wouldnt even matter whether its the same song. just so long as the songs have been marked and playing.

now say the its the same file... one could manually move/modify the mark a little bit forward after loading the song (not permanent or only for that playing session) so that when the when someone activates the feature this the song it shot up slightly ahead the track that was ahead. so one can play around/scratch the treble/percussion while waiting for the other song to get by. yaknowwhatamsayn?!

geposted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 4:46 pm
hey team! get chatting talk about ideas and new ways of doing things!

VDJ isnt the CIA or something

geposted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 5:46 am
sync song position

geposted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 5:14 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)