Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can Virtual Dj be configured to your own server to broadcast internet radio

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

v2o777PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am interested in Virtual DJ as a console to use with my OWN server which will be streaming internet radio

Can this progam be configured to do that or is shoutcast the ONLY way it can be used to broadcast.

I really like the program and would like to use it for my broadcasting/internet set up.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

geposted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 8:10 pm
PS and can you configure this program with a line in to switch to microphone.

Thank you.

geposted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 8:11 pm
I have my own streaming server at home. I just plug the output of my mixer to the line in on my streaming server, I also use this same streaming server to broadcast FM radio and DirectTV satellite audio so I can listen at work. It's a general purpose audio streaming server.

geposted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 9:53 pm
so you are saying to take the line out of my computer with virtual dj and plug that into my hardware mixing board and mix everything out of that to the server is that correct?

Thank you!

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 1:32 am
Hmm. Not sure how you are picturing this setup. But I can tell you how my setup is done. I have a Maya44USB soundcard for use with virtual dj. That is connected to a Denon mixer. One of the outputs of the Denon mixer is connected to the line in of the soundcard in the streaming server (this is a different computer than the VDJ computer). It's really a pretty simple setup but the actual streaming part in my setup is done with a different server.

If you have a simple setup, then you probably don't want to do it the way I do it. I think you can use the builtin streaming server inside VDJ to do it with. I've never played with that though, since my VDJ computer does not ever attach the Internet.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 1:48 am
What I would really like to do is be able to configure VDJ to stream live broadcast over the internet but not with Shoutcast or Live 365. I would like to do it FROM the computer that VDJ is on with the computer dedicated ONLY to vdj and my mp3 library to choose the music from - and to add a mic in if possible.

Thank you

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 4:48 am
anewsome, how is the maya with the denon ? I just got myself a DN-X1500 and the DAC-3, what's the best configuration with the MAYA44-USB on a laptop ?? It would be great if The VDJ team considered Windows Media Services as a built in streaming server too.

geposted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 2:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)