Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: "Stack the Deck" feature would be awesome!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

lmichelPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I noticed this last night during a gig, and thought it would add alot to song selection management...

The ability to drop a track on a deck that is already playing. Instead of the warning message, the track would simply be added to the playlist on the right side. If another, and another are dropped, they would just get stacked on the playlist. Then when a song finishes playing on the deck, the next one in the stack for that specific deck would automatically be loaded. If autoqueue was enabled, then the tracks would just keep playing without user intervention. If it's not enabled, the track would load but not play. Each deck would queue only the tracks that were dropped on it. In otherwords, if I drop it on the left, it wont 'autoload' onto the right - and vise-versa. This would make song requests much easier to manage in realtime. DJs could then choose one deck or the other to make a 'request autoload side' while reserving the other deck for what the DJ wants to play. I can also see Karaoke potential for such a feature!
One thing I think would be necessary - A way to disable the entire feature in settings :) Just for the times when DJs might not want it in the way.

Thanks for listening..
Lance

geposted Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 4:16 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what i would like is for when you load a song onto a deck that allready has its timecode vinyl spinning it should just play! not ignore the timecode untill you stop it for 1 second and start it again or press stop then play. that wont make sence to most people here so i appologize lol.

i dont realy know why having separate playlist would make anything easier, if not more complicated because if you remove one song from your playlist, the order wont be the same anymore because of the zigzag route the playlist takes. i think that there should be more costomisability of the whole VDJ settup so that people that want to have 3 playlists and 2 browers, one for video and one for karraoke etc can do that if they want to. VDJ is a great tool and i think it would be even better if it could be customised to a persons way of working and not force everyone to do the same thigs.

geposted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 1:22 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
*supports*

and a way to play the next song on the playlist (if it doesnt exist).
eg. for the djs in a hurry. play a song first verse>stop deck>press load next playlist song>press play ... keep going

geposted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 9:19 pm
Totally agree with Xeo.

A way to add playlists for different tpe of files and set up behaviours and rules dependant on that would be the best.
Being able to customise it to suit each users own demands would make life easier and more accessible to people.
Show and hide different playlists you want to use at different times.
Set a Karaoke list as hidden but have the tab flash every 10 mins to remind you that you have singers cued in it.

Things like this.

Ross.

geposted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 11:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)