Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The dac 3 controller

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have a dac 3 controller .......I enjoy using virtual dj but the buttons of the dac 3 do not line up with the features of the virtual dj .........I seee that there are plugin's to map the button functions but do they map all the functions of the virtual dj software to the dac 3 controller and does it work well ? or how well does it work .

geposted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 9:39 pm
My DAC-3 mapper considerably improves the functionaity of the DAC-3 - Some of the features include:

* Improved jogwheel behaviour and LCD information display.

* Automatic scratch hold and pause (Ideal for spinbacks via DAC-3
jogwheels.)

* Direct access goto/set cue, loops and samples via [1]-[10] buttons.

* Direct FX access and ability to adjust FX parameters using the jogwheel.

* Automatic video crossfading (Ideal for external mixer users.)

* Ability to choose/trigger video FX and choose video transition (Both of
these can also be randomised for variety.)

* User customisable parameters directly via the DAC-3.

Version v2.0 (Under development) will also allow custom button mapping.

However, the DAC-3 mapper plugin can only be used with the full registered professional version of VDJ (v3.2 or above.)

geposted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 10:24 pm
I know I need the full version :) .............i just wanted to find out what improvements there would be before I buy .......other than the misplaced buttons functions ......the scratch has a delay when you release ........what button on the dac 3 doyou have to press to select the samples ( horn ect. )

geposted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 10:38 pm
>the scratch has a delay when you release

As above, the jogwheel behaviour is improved in my mapper. The DAC-3 doesn't have touch sensitivie jogwheels, so will start playing again as soon as you stop moving it (Unless you scratch with the deck paused,)

If you do a spinback, my mapper will automatically pause the deck when it finishes (Can be turned on/off), and you can optionally configure it to pause the deck after scratching.

Using an ASIO soundcard will improve the performance of scratching (As it would do with timecode vinyls and CD's.) If scratching is important to you, you may wish to consider using timecode vinyls alongside the DAC-3 (These work well together, and the timecode can be turned on/off directly from the DAC-3 in my mapper.)

> ........what button on the dac 3 doyou have to press to select the samples ( horn ect. )

By default in my mapper, SHIFT+1-10 buttons trigger samples 1-10.

You can also set/go to cues and trigger beat loops with these buttons.

geposted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 11:42 am
Hi! Im planning to Buy the DAC 2, is it ok? Is it worth the extra buck for the DAC 3?
Cos, im limited on budget, so is the DAC 2 good enough?

geposted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 12:24 pm
Its definately worth the extra ££'s

Seriously - I own both. The DAC-3 has a much more solid and professional feel. The jog wheels are especially better. Plus more buttons & infinitally more configurable. Seems more stable with VDJ than my DAC-2 as well. (although I think my DAC-2 may have a fault).

geposted Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 12:33 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)