Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question/ Problem

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
OK, I think I am going to splurge the 150.00 and get the full blown copy and cross my fingers that it will work with my ecler nuo4, 2 denon 3500's, 1616m Sound card....The sound quality is great (i've read in the forums that the sound quality isn't great with vdj) however I compared it to Traktor DJ Studio 3 and quality was the same but I am using high end hardware. Now, I have noticed that every now and than it gets really garbled (vdj sound output) and what I have to do is just exit the software and restart and it works fine. However this wont be acceptable when I am doing gigs, it will give my company a bad reputation. ANy suggestions/ or a fix for this? I have a sony p2.8 ghz laptop with 512 (going with 1 gig soon).

Now a question I have is that seeing how I can get into karoke (which seems to be big in my area), does vdj just use the karoke disk's or do I need to convert cdg disk to vdj format? Also I currenlty do not own karoke cd's so where is the best place to get them? I prefer everything to be on my hard drive.

Thanks

geposted Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 7:45 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm not sure what you mean by "garbled" sound, could you give a short audio sample or give a detailed explanation, so we can help you on that?

To answer your question, VDj does suppors karaoke CDs, so no manual conversion is needed :) Wait for others' replys on this topic, I'm not much into karaoke :)

Regards

geposted Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 8:22 pm
Now in regards to the garbled sound, I will have to record it when it happens than email it, I dont think this forum allows you to attach an attachment or better yet, I will just add a hyperlink to the file on my web server. However tho I will have to wait for it to happen again. I will be playing around with the software tonight and also some other software. I need to make a decission in the next few days.

geposted Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 10:16 pm
I have experienced the "garbled" sound, but think it is my soundcard, because it has happened with my other software also. I have a SFF machine that I use everyday. In and out of the van,into the club, back into the house at night. I think the bump and grind loosens the soundcard. Sometimes I boot up and only one channel of a player works. Sometimes I get the garbled sound after awhile. Re-booting the machine, fixes it. I also re-seat my card every once in awhile. I am not sure if this is the same thing you are experiencing. I don't know how you would go about testing this, because it is random.

geposted Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 10:22 pm
Well I know it's not my sound card, I have the E-MU 1616m and it works fine with Traktor DJ Studio 3. However I am looking at being able to use multiple decks and samples, and that is why I am checking out virtual dj.
So if anyone has any other suggestion's that would be great. And is it possible that the problem is because its demo? I would hope not.

geposted Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 11:52 pm
Dj JaysHome userMember since 2006
How do i get software
From Dj Jays

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 5:26 pm
You can get the demo by clicking the download button on www.virtualdj.com
If your looking for other software, alot of the other vendors offer some type of trial download as well. Than you can easily purchase the full version online.
Now if your looking for free software, than your at the wrong place. Read the rules.

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 6:13 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's probably not because of the demo versions. It's probably a hardware issue, sound card, RAM, or maybe drivers for soundcard.

If you mean "clicks and pops" by garbled, there could be problems with ASIO drivers?

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 6:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)