Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mid-Atlantic Virtual Dj Throwdown - Yeah! Its about Time!!!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Okay familia,

Its 2006 and you know I've been in the lab thinking of ways to expand, grow, and promote the Virtual Dj familia here in the USA. This is a great software and also a great Virtual Dj radio. So here's my idea, drum roll please.

dddddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The first: VIRTUAL DJ MID-ATLANTIC THROWDOWN

What is being proposed:
A gathering of Virtual Dj's who live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Virginia, DC, Maryland).

Why:
Because there 's a bunch of us who use the program faithfully and live in these regions. Take a look at the Dj map to see how many of us live here.

When:
I propose Late March or End of April. Gives us time to organize correctly.

Where?
It's a two session event. The first one would be somewhere in Richmond, VA. The second one could be a month later in a Washington, DC nightclub.

What would occurr?
The Richmond one would be a gathering where Virtual Dj's could meet. Socialize. Perhaps host some workshops amongst each other on how they use the program. Better to actually be in person to teach someone how to do something then just telling them. It would be a way for us to collaborate and maybe lay down the groundwork for a Virtual Dj club or enthusiasts who gather regularly in the future. Show how each of us use the program, etc...

The second one could be a one day Dj spin session a month later at a club in Washington, DC. Let's say about 10 -12 of the best Mid-Atlantic VDJ's spinning in a club in DC. Maybe it could be a fundraiser session to purchase some VDj licenses for potential VDJ's in Africa or Latin America who don't have the funds to purchase the program but want to. Kind of like a Dj session to "Sponsor a Broke but talented Dj" overseas fundraiser. "Music Saves Live" could be the theme. I know some folks did this before in Europe raising funds to help a future Dj star get the software. Why not do an event to do the same while giving Virtual Dj's in the mid-atlantic a chance to shine, etc...

Is this official?
Nope, just a bunch of regular joes who love music getting together and getting paid zip but building in the spirit of music brotherhood. This is a proposal, or a call to see if there's any interest to do this type of thing here in the states.

How do we make this happen?
By starting this post and people volunteering, then we work together to organize it and make it happen.

What would you need?
A Legal Version of the program. A laptop or portable Virtual Dj rig. Maybe some small portable speakers depending where the first meet and greet session is held. Who knows, somone in Richmond might already have a potential safe location where folks can plug in. It could be a daytime event, etc...

What do you think? Just an idea....

Cuidate!
VDJ Batibiri
Virtual Dj Provocateur

geposted Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 3:03 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
How about having the final at Atlantic City at the DJ Times show in late August?

geposted Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 3:35 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Count me in! I'm in NY, but have family in Richmond.

As for having the final in AC, that's even better (closer) for me.

geposted Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 4:35 pm
Well, there's no reason why other regions can't have their own get togethers. At this point is seeing who is interested by starting this topic. Would be nice to have regional get togethers then have a big one in Atlantic City. That would be hot! It can happen but its going to take more folks getting active.
Cuidate!
Batibiri

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 3:22 am
I am in NY and buying the software this weekend. I would love to be part of this. As of now I have digitized my 30 year library of Dance music. Virtual Dj is the future, finally someone did it right.
PS
I only have the trial version but I still am smoking the traditional Djs with it.

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 3:20 pm
YEA MAN!

Count me in, I'm in Florida but I travel alot so I would like to be a part of this...

Everyone is always on AWE of my setup and when I start playing they can not believe what I can do with just a laptop and a controller.

I'm DOWN!

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 7:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)