Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: question from a true beginner

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

downloaded the trial version of VDJ this past weekend. having a lot of fun with it and have pretty much convinced myself to buy the full version.

as of right now, my goal is to have fun with it and learn what i can (this goal could change with time). i have always been a music lover and have a large collection of vinyl/cd/mp3/etc.

the only thing i see myself really wanting (ebyond the fulll sw version), is another way to control the interface besides using the mouse/keyboard short-cuts.

from browsing this site it seems that there are "controllers" that will do handle this need. does anybody have any recommendations/tips on these devices?

thanks ahead of time!

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 3:59 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Virtual dj is the most versalite dj software, there are many ways to control it, from the computer
keyboard (this can be a very flexible and inexpensive "controller") to standard midi controllers,
or dedicated devices such as the hercules dj console or professional dj cd players or turntables.
(technics 1200)
Spend some time at the forum and you'll learn more.
The next (free) update will make things even better and eliminate some problems found on some setups.

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 5:30 pm
Dj JaysHome userMember since 2006
How do i get free soft ware for virtual dj
Any one have the link for me or what

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 5:34 pm
My bad can any one give me the virtual dj software

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 5:38 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well there are many controllers out there, but the best way to find what you need is ask your self a few questions:

- how much money do I want to invest in a controller
- Am I just a home dj for own pleasure or want to get into Djing business
- If getting into real Dj business, how much equipment will I have to carry around
- do I want to scratch a lot (vinyl feel) or just controll with something more elegant then keyboard & mouse
- Am I going to use an external mixer or want one bundled with a controller

The descriptions and prices are all there ( http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html ).

Hope it helps :)

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 5:44 pm
hopefully you are requesting the Trial Version which can be found by following the links at the top

Download -> Trial Version

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 5:45 pm
thanks erxon

- how much money do I want to invest in a controller
a couple hundred US??

- Am I just a home dj for own pleasure or want to get into Djing business
just at home for now. if i get good and continue to enjoy it...who knows?

- If getting into real Dj business, how much equipment will I have to carry around
haven't thought that far ahead yet.

- do I want to scratch a lot (vinyl feel) or just controll with something more elegant then keyboard & mouse
i would like to scratch some but the main reason is for an easier control than mouse/keyboard.

- Am I going to use an external mixer or want one bundled with a controller
i'm thinking that in this beginning phase it would be best for it to be bundled.

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 5:47 pm
Thanks But if i got the free trail is there a way to get it from some were for free again
I had a party with the free one on weekend and everyone loved it

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 5:48 pm
Im a club dj that just started in Toronto if i got the free virtual dj and its done
is there a way to get it free

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 5:54 pm
I may not be understanding you. Are you asking how you can get a product for free on the website that sells the product?

Buy it.

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 5:55 pm
TomBanjo: Well I guess a hercules DJ Console Mk2 would be good than. Has a possibility of scratching, has bundled mixer, and costs 301 USD :)

Dj Jays: Please stop spamming the forum with ignorant questions. You can't get it for free.

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 6:00 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
in regards to controller, I would recommend the ecler nuo4, had midi capabilities that are awesome. I have used it on Traktor and going to use it on virtual dj. I also use external cd decks (denon 3500's) just in case computer crashes or some glitch.

Now in regards to the guy wanting free software, he sounde like a kid. I doubt he is a dj in toronto at a big club. If he had the software, and it was a warez copy. I dont know why the heck he would be asking where to get a copy of it on the site that sell's and supports it.
So Dee Jays if your reading this quit asking, and purchase the software or use the trial. Cracked software is not supported on this forum. be legit and buy it.

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 6:20 pm
first off...thanks for all you rinput everybody

"Well I guess a hercules DJ Console Mk2 would be good than"

what about the DJ Control MP3? it is cheaper. not that i'm necessarily looking for the cheapest option but i'm just curious as to what options/features my extra $$ would be getting me.

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 6:59 pm
Dj Control MP3 is the first version of hercules console. I don't know all the specifications of these products and I don't use them personally, but there are a lot of guys here using the first version and are probably quite happy with it :) Try searching the hardware forums for comparison or "things you don't like about hercules console" :)

I would put a bit more money for the controller personaly.

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 7:13 pm
i'll do some more searching in the forums. thanks again!

geposted Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 7:17 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)