Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Some advise needed on first deck setup

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Used to using 1200s but that was ages ago nearly 10 years now.
Been out of the scene of quite some time till i came across VDJ.
I tried the software love it so far.
Allready got my eyes on some packages that id apreciate your opinions on.

Store DJ T60/DM1050 Bundle
http://www.storedj.com.au/products/product.php?id=694

Numark DJ Battlepack
http://www.storedj.com.au/products/product.php?id=38

Numark Battlepack Plus
http://www.storedj.com.au/products/product.php?id=687

now the price range is what i wanna keep it at for a set like that 1k AUD is fine i think.

Il be quite honest, i dont know what would be better from the 3 packages
apart from the price the all seem to have similar specs going for them.

So the question is if you had $1000 and you wanted to get a set which of the 3 would you choose for an all round playing and scratcin setup.

im also considering upgrading straight away to a better mixer then the one in the sets the
Numark DXM06 Mixer http://www.storedj.com.au/products/product.php?id=23
or Tascam XS3 http://www.storedj.com.au/products/product.php?id=168

Perhaps a couple of local parties aswell just to get into the vibe of things :)

thx in advance

p.s if any one has a decent set in victoria they wanna offload im also interested :)

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 8:02 am
@ x :
welcome to the community ! and glad you loving the software ~ ! c,')

ok I can't really coment on the mixers (have no experience with them) but I can comment on the TT's !

Stanton have really pulled there weight with the new T60 and T80's ! they have fantastic motors that are truly strong and quite robust ! so from a scratching point of view the will do u proud ! between the 60 and the 80's ill vote 80's they have a few more features then the 60's (specially the pitch reset !) not to mention there is no ground needed as they come with phono/line out puts including digital !
they come standard with the 500's (cartrige) wich are one of the better entry level needles,

from a mixer point of view go 4 indevidule chanels ! trust me ! 3 or less you will pull your hair out from practacality !
it will be the perfect setup ! ch 1 - left TT chanel 2 left Virtual TT ch 3 Right Virtual TT and ch 4 right TT !
you can't go wrong !

hope this helps a bit !
good luck and thanks again for joining this awesome community !
you will feel at home here !
spin spin

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 11:37 am
thx for the advise spider, just in time too
i was starting to get used to the look of the 2 channel mixers :(
Doesnt leave me much choise localy tho
the store i linked has heaps of mixers but mostly 2 channels.
I did come across the behrigner djx700
he Behringer DJX700 is a fully featured 4-channel DJ mixer with all the features you'd expect on a mixer twice its price.
Effects: 47 Built-in inc reverb, flanger, filter etc
Colour: Silver
Output: Master, XPQ surround, Booth
Crossfader: VCA assignable
Channels: 4
EQ's: 3 Band
Inputs: 3 phono, 5 line, 1 mic and only $400

more i look at the pic more i want it, i hope some one has something bad to say about it or im outa here tommorow and going to buy that with the 2 t80s whole set up will go for about 1400 but at least theyll do the job.

http://www.storedj.com.au/products/product.php?id=365

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 12:15 pm
behringer djx700 _ more bang for your buck !
very good mixer ! the effects are some what to be desired but the phaser works well ! still 4 ch mixer w/effects closest price to that is more than double !
sound quality is very good and extras are fantastic ! bass mid and high kill buttons for both active channels are fantastic not forgetting bpm counter plus beat matching abilitty make the 700 perfect for beginner to pro !
and of course esthetics the blue efects button go well with the blue lights of the stantons !
only downfall is the 4th ch slider too close to the master vol slider so if the fingers aint tight togetheryou will move this slider ...... but set the mastervol to where its comfy and one pice insulation tape in front and behind it will remove unwanted surprises !

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 12:37 pm
i think so far its a definate on the mixer unless others have some other recomendation with minimal 4 channels like spider sugested.

Not too sure on the turntables tho at 500 a pop aud i could put another 600 and get tech 1200s
Now i know techs are the standard in turntables but im a strong beleiver of nevver under estimate the underdog.

what do you guys think about the djconsole2 with the 2 decks and a mixer is it a good move ?
or go straight for an external usb soundcard to drive these babys ?
mostly curious if the djconsole will minise the mouse usage.
Im sure all of it can be mapped quite well
but curious if ill still need an extrnal usb soundcard (aka maya 44 usb or what ever else)
or could i just do the set up with the dj console mixer and 2 decks ? since it has 2 build in soundcards.

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 5:14 pm
X-Static

For TTs I would go for the best available man....Your going to save so much more cash saving on upkeep and not have to worry about a closet full of older TTs ;)

I would recommend either Numark TTx or Tech 1200s

the TTx offers so much more then the 1200 and seems to be a lot more versatile as far as position setup. Battle or standard you can inverse the pitch and buttons around which really helps a lot.

Best suggestion I can do though is head over to a store near you which deals with DJ equipment. test some out and then make your choice.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 5:29 pm
100 % true there w/d !
if you have the time and the means ....look at getting 1 half firdt then the second ! you need to look at which you have more of at the moment !? vinyls or mp3 on your pc ?
first and foremost look at getting the best possible (and affordable) excluding price of TT's in this month ! with Vdj TT's are not a necessity right now ! you will only need a mixer and a decient asio s/card (miya44 hard to come by but the uo46dj is a perfect replacement) also desk top or lappie ? (external / internal s/card?) look at get that first ! spend a bit now save a lot later !
then look at the TT's next month and do the same ! thus of course if you have the patience and means !
hope u come right !?
spin spin

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 6:29 pm
yeah theres one about an hours drive ill have to go by there this week.
Sorta worried tho ill might make the wrong choise.
I dont wanna start a tech 1200s debate vs brand A or B
so i guess ill just have to go with what feels best for me.

Neither techs or Numarks suply a catridges so that be another 150 minimal on top.
But you are right id end up buyng them lata anyways.

A good question did come to mind with VDJ does the stylus affect its quality much ?

p.s those higher end Stantons looking nice too pocket wise
STR8150 and ST150 Turntable they look identical apart from Tone-arms.

thx for the advise again people
id love do hear more sugestions :)

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 6:31 pm
well vinyl collection is easy to come by just takes money like everything else.
But at the moment i have about 80 vinyls from the 90s rest were handed out.
Mp3s havent bothered making manny of them i mostly would mix about 300 songs.
As for cds well at least 100 originals and 30 or so backups :)

setup will be on an asus laptop 1.6 centrino 1 gig ram sitting at a corner atm
but i mostly use the 3.2 at home atm.
Basicaly once i leanred all the setups needed on the base machine i can do it 1 time and correct for the laptop.
Thats why im thinking of the external usb card.
or the dj console if it can be used in that manner ?

As for saving theres really no need especialy atm.
Main reason i bought all these questiosn forward is you guys in the know day in day out
I only got back into it 5 days ago, as you can see theres a lot dj tech wise i need to catch up with.

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 6:41 pm
x-Static the one thing that will truely effect VDJ from the cartridge and needle is the tracking. Sound quality means very little when using the TCV although tracking means a lot.

Like Spider said you can get 1 now and later on get another. VDJ offers you to use timecode active to switch the active deck your controlling using the TCV. Which means you only need 1 TT in order to control VDJ as you'd like. 2 would be idea although if budget only allows for so much then there are quite some options out there.

If your in the market for a good soundcard for TCV then look for an ESI u46DJ. These are very good cards from what I've heard and replace the Maya 44 USB. They just need a driver update to be compatible with VDJ and I believe that should come out sometime soon.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 11:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)