Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Do i need a stereo splitter?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Naff47Home userMember since 2006
You'll remember i aked this> Ive not yet bought VDJ because i have tried it but dont seem to be able to figure out whether or not you can actually play one virtual deck to the audience while using your headphones to listen to the other virtual deck without the crowd hearing. Is it possible to do this with VDJ?

That question was answered with a "yes" but what i forgot to ask is do i need to buy a stereo spliter to do this or is it possible to do without? I have a Sound Blaster 24-Bit soundcard but i dont really know much about it to be honest so im not sure whether my card has the capability to do this without.

Thanks in advance.

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 7:08 pm
Do you know how many channels your soundcard supports? If it is at least a 4.0 soundcard then you do not need a stereo splitter and can do what you require. If your soundcard only has one line output (2 channel) then you need to use a stereo splitter, although you will only get mono outputs to both channels doing this.

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 7:11 pm
Im not certain but it looks like it has 4. 4 sockets have the down pointing arrow plus a digital out socket. Does that sound right to you?

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 7:16 pm
You only need three for 5.1 surround sound, so it most likely will work. Do you have green, yellow and black inputs? Blue is line-in and pink is microphone.

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 7:26 pm
Its not colour coded on my soundcard for some reason. But i have a mic input, i have a digital output, i have a socket which my speakers are now plugged up to and 3 other sockets which look to be the same symbol but with jus a small sign in the bottom cornor or them...difficult to explain. I could take a picture and upload it if you want.

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 7:36 pm
Or you could go to the soundblaster web site, find your card, get the info, and tell us what card you have, and then we will be able to assist you better. It is hard to help when we don't know what card you have. As for the software, the full version will let you do what you want, and more, if you have the right soundcard. Even if you only have one stereo out, the software will allow you to do what you want, but we have to know what you have. You will have to get the full version.

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 8:01 pm
Here is my exact soundcard. https://komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=302657
All the info is there. Hopefully that has the info you need.

I will be buying the Pro software but i first want to check everything just incase i need to get some extra equipment so i can get the full use of VDJ.

Sorry i took a while to reply btw.

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 8:34 pm
HuGgLeZPRO InfinityMember since 2006

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 9:11 pm
Yes that card will work, with the full version. You will need 2 cables to your mixer. If you have RCA inputs on your mixer, you will need 2 cables with a mini 3.5 male plug on one end and 2 RCA males on the other end. If your mixer has 1/4 inch, substitute the RCA's for 1/4 inch.

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 9:23 pm
Wicked! Thanks for all the help guys. Really appriciate it.

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 9:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)