Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ has encountered a problem...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Last night, I changed my video card, and everything was fine. This morning, I got this message when I tried to open VDJ; Virtual DJ has encountered a problem... blah, blah. Uninstalled, reinstalled 3.1. Everything seems ok. Install 3.2. Everything seems ok. Upgrade to 3.3, bam, I get the message again. Try again, and the same thing, 3.3 is not working. What's my next step. I have to play on Monday.

geposted Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 9:18 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
If you still have the installs, roll it back to 3.1
Unless you are using the global data base there is little different and some added features.
But the core program is the same.

If that does not work or you need the installs contact us through eservice.
This is a list of changes from 3.1 on up.
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/history.html

geposted Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 2:02 pm
I have the installs, and as I said, 3.1 and 3.2 are working. I backed up everything on to a cd, including the database xml. However, I have lost all data including bpm's. Maybe I did not import the data back correctly. So, what is the procedure to import the data back, and what do I need to do to get 3.3 back? I do a lot of video mixing, and use all of the updates in 3.3.

geposted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 5:35 am
You should be able to swap out the virtualdj internal database xml file either by overwriting or substitution at c:\program files\virtualdj.
If you had it before you should have it now.
Make sure the file name is identical to what the program needs to see.
It should be typed Virtualdj Database XML Document, if it is not the program will not see it.
Also make sure there is only one file listed in the folder.
I will refresh your account with the full 3.3 install file.

geposted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 4:35 pm
Thanks for the link, will have to wait till I get home. We only have dial-up here at the club. Are you sure abot the nameing of the file? Is it "Virtualdj" or "VirtualDJ" , "XML" or "xml"? It seems that VDJ writes a new folder, if one is not present. Should I install the 3.3 you sent alone, or install the previous versions first?

geposted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 7:46 pm
Hey Rick, I'm having the same problem....
Went to open 3.3 Sat night and error came up, everytime I re-installed it, same thing happened. Could not get VDJ to open unless I reinstalled 3.2.
I also do alot of video and 3.3 was working perfectly for me, how do I get it to install again?.
Henry

geposted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 8:41 pm
Just un install the version you have and run the install I sent you.
I create a folder on my desktop for restore-installs-drivers etc...
That way it is always with me, if the system goes a cd isn't going to help me much.

Look at the text the program is creating for the xml file and make sure your saved xml back up is the same format.
VirtualDJ Database XML Document is how it should read.

There is no reason why you guys can't run 3.1 based on the changes I see in the history.
The core program is the same pretty much, some global/napster things improved and some features like DMX were added non of which changed the program's operation.

This kind of dialog can be best handled if you contact us through eservice.
Just click help and then ask in the upper right corner.

geposted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 9:02 pm
Rick,
Did you send me another complete 3.3 install? I can't find it anywhere.
Henry

geposted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 9:11 pm
Sorry I missed that message.
Should be there now.

R

geposted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 10:34 pm
DJROSSSHome userMember since 2006
If you had it before you should have it now.

geposted Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 11:59 am
Make sure the file name is identical to what the program needs to see.

geposted Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 12:00 pm
It should be typed Virtualdj Database XML Document, if it is not the program will not see it.

geposted Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 12:00 pm
Also make sure there is only one file listed in the folder.

geposted Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 12:01 pm
tnx...for the link..

geposted Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 12:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)