Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Optimizing system - for better performance

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

geposted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 12:26 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Nice thing man!

geposted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 12:51 pm
Probably should have referenced the original site:

http://www.musicxp.net

more specifically:

http://www.musicxp.net/tuning_tips.php

The original site provides more info on each of the tuning tips. I suggest that anyone wanting to follow these tips (yes they do work very well) go there and use the further information to decide how best to configure their computer.

geposted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 1:58 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
actually it's not original site ;) i took it from another site with more points, actually for different programs. but some of them have influence to VDJ. as you can see there is a lot what you can do for better performanfe with WinXP

because on site there were no info for VDJ i took info for WinXP. It really works better. tehere were info of Photoshop, AutoCAD, for different programs, but no for music programs. btw it was an italian page.

I didn't know for that page. I thought people know what is © lol

But it is really great page ;)

geposted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 5:56 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Awesome!

I had a question about this one:

"16. Fix Swap File (Virtual Memory) Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance Settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory Change > Custom Size. Set initial and maximum size to the same value. "

Which value should you set it to, the smaller or the higher? I set it to the smaller one, but I'm not sure if that's the right way to go.

geposted Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 12:16 am
The suggestion I use re: the swap file size is to set this value at about 1 and a half times your RAM. So if you have say 1 gig of RAM set both the max and min values to 1.5 gig.

geposted Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 3:35 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks xeon, I will translate your nice tutorial in Italian for all the Italian forum Users.

geposted Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 10:08 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)