Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Video Skin that...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I run videos in a bar, and would like a skin (or simply be able to) beatmix manually as I do with just audio, and have the video for whichever deck I am playing to simply be sent to my aux. video output to an external monitor without needing to run a separate video Xfader. I have tried a couple skins, but haven't found one that does what I'd like. I know I can try to make my own, but thought I'd look for suggestions first.

My system is has a Maya 44 sound card, and I have each deck going out a speparate output, and to a separte channel on my external mixer. When I play audio, I center the Xfader in the original skin and all is fine. If I do this with video, Obviously, you can see both videos even if one is in the paused state.

This seems to work great with the Hucules controller, but it's not rack mountable, otherwise, I'd buy one. Right now I have the DAC-3.

Any suggestions?

geposted Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 10:14 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Sounds like you need a mixer with a midi enabled crossfader

geposted Sun 26 Mar 06 @ 4:45 pm
If you have a DAC-3, try my custom mapper for it (Download -> Plugins -> Sound Effects)

Simply press SHIFT+PLAY and it will automatically do a smooth video crossfade without the need for a MIDI crossfader or moving the on-screen video crossfader,

geposted Mon 27 Mar 06 @ 4:03 pm
I did download your mapper. For the most part, I love it, but would like to reprogram the loop in/out/reloop buttons to work as they do on a Numark CDN 34 dual player.

As far as Shift + Play, I find it work enough just to hit "Play" at just the right moment for beatmixing, let alone shift AND play! lol. The main thing that I want to do is mix each song the same as I would before without video, but now would like the video to display what is playing now. Get it? I know, confusing...

geposted Tue 28 Mar 06 @ 12:32 am
You will be able to remap the buttons to suit your own requirements when v2.0 is finished.

A Numark-style loop in/out/reloop currently isn't possible at the moment because VDJ lacks a 'reloop' action to do this (Hopefully the dev team will add this action in a future version of VDJ - I've requested this myself a few times in the new features forum.)

I have found a potential work around that I've been experimenting with in the v2.0 mapper, but a proper 'official' reloop action in VDJ would be much better.

For the video mix, when the v2.0 mapper is finished you could remap another button to do play + auto_video_crossfade, so that you can video crossfade by just pressing a single button.

Alternatively, a MIDI compatible mixer with an assignable crossfader might be a better option for you. This would allow you to video mix using the crossfader on the mixer.

geposted Tue 28 Mar 06 @ 4:01 pm
Yes, a midi mapable mixer is what I need, but haven't seen any that are 19". I currently use the Numark 200fx because it has 5 mic inputs. I do private parties, and went digital because VDJ can do audio, video, and karaoke all on the same system. I don't want to have to carry extra gear to do this. Yes, I'm lazy-lol.

geposted Tue 28 Mar 06 @ 5:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)