Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Numark Gear, is it all based off of Virtual DJ's technogly? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

So I am willing to guess that all the new gear that Numark dropped this week is based off of Virtual DJ's technology? Is it true, if you don't know check out www.numark.com, they have really dropped some wicked new stuff, I am feeling that IPOD deck, you can plug in a drive right into it, who need's a laptop now!!

geposted Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 10:17 pm
seems to be the latest buzz around here....

I am soooo curious.

They like to make you sweat... and wait... and wait some more for info....

kind of like a good movie....

:-)

geposted Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 10:35 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is the 5th Topic about Numark in the last 2 days, if there wasn't a link with Virtual DJ there would be a problem ;).

geposted Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 10:41 pm
Like a numark representative said:
the software in the new gear is based on an open source platform. In that way it could be used with almost all software. The software have to support the gear of course.
In that way you could use the iCDX to control for example VDJ. VDJ have to support it like it supports the xp10 and dac3, but I think that will be implemented ;-)

Some pictures of the musikmesse fair from the famous skratchworx site:
http://www.skratchworx.com/musikmesse1/Site/Library.html

For the guys with some knowledge and good eyes. some questions could be answered from these pictures...
Ewout

geposted Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 10:52 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hopefuly this will mean a decent way of getting time coded vinyls! lol

geposted Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 11:56 pm
hehe ;) yeah

You can see a lot more picture of interest here:
http://www.numark.com/messe.html

But as said, the Virtual DJ Corporate Department is due back from the Musikmesse in Frankfurt in a day..

Then the official information on the new stuff that where presented at the Musikmesse, will be posted for all of you to read ;)

Its some great news comming, but be a bit patient ... :) its all brand new, and info will be given very shortly ;)

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 12:01 am
dj-in-norway,
we will wait for the info, it will probably be Sunday or next week for the info to become available. After that I will post what could be seen in one of the pictures, for the ones who missed it.
Ewout

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 12:48 am
Yup... If this isn't a team-up with numark (or a merger of the two companies), I don't know what is. ALL of VDJ's features (and then some), and the exact same browser... Don't tell me this isn't what it looks like...

http://www.numark.com/productoverviews/virtual_vinyl_overview.pdf

I fear this will mean a steeper pricing of the software and less support for other hardware, unless of course, there will be like, two versions of the prog (IE Virtual Vinyl for TCV/TCCD and Virtual DJ for XP-10, DAC, Herc and MIDI.) Anyway, as long as this means we get a kick-ass soundcard that allows us to play old-school vinyl with no trouble, then I'm happy.

I really have to say this does look promising...

It actually makes the nerd in me kind of giddy (golly gosh)... *giggle*

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 1:01 am
would be nice if we can use current custom skins though...
I really like the V-Mix 2 that Cyder made recently. Very good for Video Mixing.

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 1:04 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
There are a million and one things that point to it being VDJ not just the fact that DJ getdown is doing a session with it, the brower is exactly the same, the layout is the same, the overlayed beatvisualisation is the same, the beat markers are the same. lol if theres anything i missed.............

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 1:20 am
the common word of VIRTUAL being in it too....

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 1:24 am
As said before, the Numark software is Numark software for its own customers (yes directed mainly towards timecode use, and has its own soundcard with pre-amp for playing normal vinyl too)

Now, Virtual DJ is Virtual DJ, and you all that are already customers here, will have the upgrade for Virtual DJ 4, just as the other upgrades;)

Virtual DJ will continue to be the best all-round software, and will support a range of controllers, timecode vinyls and more :)

Ok, so you seem to see similarities between the Numark software, and Virtual DJ :) Well, that is the part I gotta let Corporate Department comment on.. What the relationship between the companies are, you will all have more correct and good info when Corporate Staff is back from Musikmesse :)

Let me only say this, what ever the work is between Numark and Virtual DJ, it will not affect all you that already have VDJ ;) You will have the upgrade for 4.0 as soon as its finished.

Numark is Numark, for its own target customers :)

So all releax, and wait a bit for further official information ;) No need to get worried... and what ever the thing is between Numark and Virtual DJ, we will all benefit from it ... you can all see at Numark page what wonderfull stuff they are making on the hardware part of things these day ;))

Ok, so calm down a bit;) a day or two.. hehe;)

Dj-In-Norway

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 1:36 am
ok.... wow... now I can breathe... was panting heavy like I was running a marathon... ok... calming down... calm.... think of a happy quiet place.... calm... OH WAIT!!! THOUGHT ABOUT NUMARK AGAIN... OH CRAP... NOT CALM ANYMORE... need ... more... info... to remain calm.....

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 1:41 am
VDJ will continue to be skinable Low-Fat-Al ;) so you can still use Cyders skin...

Calm now? hehe

;)

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 1:43 am
The more interesting question is: Will we be able to use the Numark soundcard, and/or get the soundcard without having to pay for the software? Or perhaps get a discount for switching one way or the other. (I want that soundcard, now!) Spill the beans someone, anyone! The cat is more or less out of the bag anyway. Haven't they got internet in Frankfurt?

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 2:02 am

The Numark package is a Numark package:)
Not sure if the soundcard will be available sold seperately. Thats up to Numark.

Virtual DJ will support all soundcards almost on the market... :)
As always....

All questions regarding price, possibilites for a discount to switch between the software version etc, can only be answered by the Corporate Department, that are away at the Musikmesse, so PLEASE PLEASE be patient until they are back :)

What the differences are between Virtual DJ and Numark Virtual Vinyl will also be answered when they are back, and all other questions regarding these two products

So please wait. Hope you all understand :)

BTW - I want that soundcard too ;) hehe.. looks GREAT! :)

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 2:13 am
read on the numarks description

"Processing of external camera or other video input"
You think that soundcard breakout box thingy has video inputs too?

"2 banks of 9 sets of trigger pads for video"
The possibilities... hmmmm

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 2:26 am

Trigger pads and the big jogweels mentioned are part of a Numark external controller (not shown in the Virtual Vinyl image)

You can see the external controller under NuVJ at the Numark site, or here : http://www.nuvj.com/

;) yes possibilites ;))))

And we will all benefit from whatever is going on between Numark and Virtual Dj ;)

Just be patient, you all ... good things comes to those who waits;)

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 2:36 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm so glad these developments have come about. I was just about to purchase the Behringer BCD2000 which is being released next week. Its obvious that plan has been kicked to the side!!

(Rubs his hands with glee muhaha)

Serato who? lol

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 4:44 am
Glad I waited before buying the DAC 3. I see some users are having button and slider issues. I am still using the DMC 1 and a mouse, and am doing just fine.

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 8:40 am
30%