Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: cleanup database

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Does anyone know of a way to weed out tracks in the database that either arent there or been moved? I

Thanks

geposted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 5:25 pm
Gwenn made a tool for it.
Look in plugin forum, think it was posted there...

Or simply delete the m3database.txt (the TXT file, NOT THE XML file), and re-add your favorite folders, by right-clicking them and choose "add to search database"

geposted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 5:31 pm
Or just re-scan your HDD, it should discard the tracks that aren't there anymore.

geposted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 8:27 pm
@house2music,
that's only the case for the mp3database.txt. This file only hold the file and location info used during the search. The "VirtualDJ Database.xml" file does not contains not a path, but only a filename. This file is used for cue points, gain, automix and comment info. This file is not updated or cleaned if you do a rescan.
Ewout

geposted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 12:41 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Superstorm I know that (I was house2music), be he wanted do discard the tracks from database (searchin), not cue points and BPM. What you saying, that if I delete some tracks they still appear in search? I don't think so. After re-scaning hd's, of course.

geposted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 7:17 am
DJ Alf you're correct I wasn't reading good. I thought that he would clean up his "coe point" database. Just rescanning will cleanup the search database. What I do most of the times is just renaming the current mp3database.txt file, for backup purpose. Then I rescan my drives. Then I'm sure old data is gone.
Ewout

geposted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 1:07 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
No sweat Superstorm, I wasn't sure either want he wanted to do at first :) . Good trick about renaming, it's always good to have a backup. Thanks.

geposted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 2:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)