Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Virtual DJ and MIDI Timecode

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I was told to post this topic here.

Anyway, I use Sunlite lighting software, which is apparently supported inside Virtual DJ although I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Sunlite has a part to it's software called Easy Show which allows you to layout a timeline similar to Adobe Premiere. You load an .MP3 file or an .MPG and then you start choreographing your lights to the song that's playing, down to the millisecond.

After you have put your lights together for a song, you save the timeline as a "cycle" in the program. You can trigger the cycle and have it sync to a song via MIDI timecode.

At this point, though, Virtual DJ does not transmit MIDI timecode. There are other ways for me to trigger the lights and the song to start simultaneously, but my problem is that if I do any changing of the pitch/tempo or do a loop or stop a song or anything else in Virtual DJ, it will not be syncing with the lights anymore. The only way to sync the song to the lights is with MIDI timecode.

I would love to see someone write a plug-in or add the feature to Virtual DJ to where it sends out MIDI timecode on the current deck that is playing. The timecode can simply be the same as the time elapsed on the current deck.

Thanks!!!
Randal

geposted Mon 01 May 06 @ 12:54 am
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
it would be absolutely great if you could sync VDJ with other programs like "Ableton live" via midi!!!!

geposted Mon 01 May 06 @ 5:57 pm
It would be fantastic, you could be able to plug in a grove box like the MC-909 or the Korg MX electribe and sync them up to the song that is playing. just as you can sync up various midi devices toghether.

geposted Tue 16 May 06 @ 8:02 am
hahn11PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes vote for midiclock and or rewire.
Perhaps it would be possibble for the Team to give any Idea where the problem is.

TexZK wrote :
It's possible to do that with a plugin. If I had more free time, I would do it, it isn't difficult, but you need a free MIDI port (the most cases is an integrated MPU401, which works perfectly), because I would use Windows multimedia APIs.

TexZK when do you think you will have time.??

geposted Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 2:56 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well, this plugin won't be very difficult to be done, but you will need a free MIDI port to be connected with the plugin! I can't do rewiring...

geposted Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 1:36 pm
more than 10 years, and nothing... I'm using LoopBe1 to send midi clock to other programs, but i have not found a solution to send midi timecode

geposted Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 11:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The problem is, which timecode would it send?

geposted Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 11:47 am
Which timecode? Are you perhaps thinking of the various DVS systems out there?

MIDI timecode is nothing to do with DVS. Have you heard of SMPTE? Used by the movie and TV industry for decades. MIDI timecode is based on that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIDI_timecode

geposted Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 7:00 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No, what I mean is, should it count from starting vdj, should it be independent and have start/stop buttons, should it be the position in the current track (and if so, what happens while mixing and how will that be practical in the software you are sending the timeode to)

geposted Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 6:22 am
Well probably a master clock would be a good idea, maybe with an option to use it or not.

It was mentioned in a recent post (can't remember where) that VDJ didn't have a master clock, and it would be useful for integrating a sequencer for example.

Apparently some changes were made to VDJ in order to support the Roland DJ808 (which has a sequencer) so perhaps the time has come? Put in a master clock and allow us to sequence the samples or (like Serato's Flip) cue points.

Personally I would love being able to sync a variable CBG track to a master 'fixed' clock a la Ableton warping.

[edit] oh and of course now there's Ableton Link. Would be great to have that ability (as Traktor & Serato have already done it).

geposted Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 8:07 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)