Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Show us your gear - for inspiration and ideas to others - Page: 6

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Ok, new setup includes two numark tt500's (stanton 680hp cartridges) with TCV to the herc mk2 which is routed to my behringer vmx 100 which is then routed to my gemini pmx 40. The PMX 40 is then routed into my GE 14 band graphic EQ (7 band each channel) and then finaly from the EQ to my sony mini shelf stereo system. New pc is a Dell Inspiron b130, win xp home, pentium m. 740 1.80 ghz processor, 1 gb ram and 80 gb hard drive. Love my new setup, I'm gonna try & add the u46dj next month, but for now this is still gonna be wicked fun;^]

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 8:42 pm
Hey Timmy, I'm I seeing things or is power light on your TTX-1 red insted of blue? [2 mins later] Sorry I just looked at the pretty pictures and didn't read the specs. I see they are different Numarks. Here is my home setup.

Dual Samsung 17" Monitors
Tascam US-428 Mixing board & Sound device
Tube Pre-Amp for my microphone
Mac Mini and my custom built tower PC is under the desk

Numark TTX-1 Turntable
Stanton Mixer
Pioneer CDJ-1000

My trusty Shure Mic (Protected by The Rock!)

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 10:12 pm
Mine is red, but they're tt500's and not ttx. I thought about getting the ttx for the bpm counter, but I was told it doesn't work well so I saved a few hundred $ by getting the tt500's. Other than the bpm counter though I think the specs are about the same, I'm lovin mine;^]

geposted Sat 08 Jul 06 @ 12:45 am
Oh the TTXs have much more going on than just the BPM counter. Don't forget about Master Tempo and the digital out (which I use a lot when doing studio mixes). I'm not sure if the tt500's have a line and phone out, but that comes in handy too.

geposted Sat 08 Jul 06 @ 6:05 am
Heh, you're right, the 500's don't have the digital out or line out option. Though that's fine for my usage, I don't have a mixer with digital inputs and the external mixer I use only has two line inputs reserved for my mk2. I wanna find a mixer though with a BPM counter that actualy works most of the time, I was very dissapointed with that feature on the vmx100. An update too on my setup, I got wise & moved my mk2 on the other side of my left table..lol;^]

geposted Sat 08 Jul 06 @ 6:22 pm
n48284Home userMember since 2006
Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geposted Sat 08 Jul 06 @ 6:39 pm
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
@ djderricke

Whats it like having one vinyl and one cd turntable? is it any better than having 2 of the same?
I'm buying the software this week, and am also started to look at TT's and mixers.

So just wondering

Phatt B

geposted Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 1:43 pm
I did it that way originally so I could mix my CDs and Vinyl into the comptuer. (And I could scatch all my name drops that I have on CD) But I'm considering ditching the CDJ-1000 and getting the Numark hybrid that plays vinyl and CD. If you aren't used to mixing with two different pieces of equipment, it can be difficult.

geposted Sun 09 Jul 06 @ 4:36 pm
Phatt B wrote :
@ djderricke

Whats it like having one vinyl and one cd turntable? is it any better than having 2 of the same?
I'm buying the software this week, and am also started to look at TT's and mixers.

So just wondering

Phatt B

Just get CD decks, specifically Pioneers as they are becomming the industry standard. As someone who's just getting to grips with it, and getting your first setup, there's no benefits of turntables. I think I recommended the 200s in another thread, but they don't work too well with the time-coded CDs. I'd save up for the CDJ800s, or even better would be the CDJ1000s.

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 12:54 am
Yea i have considered that. But being 15 I dont have 1000 bucks for one deck. I was, and probably still am going to get turntables instead of CD's just because of the price, TT's are good for home use, mabye if I decide to dj in clubs, or if I can, when im older I'll consider getting Cd's.

But for now I'm probably going to go with TT's and TCV's

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 6:27 am
You will love the TTXs especially if you really start getting into scatching and battle mixing. (As you see in my pictures, my TTX is setup battle style.)

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 6:58 am
well I made a comparisson in the past with other DJs that come on these forums.

2 TTx with 2 decent carts and needles still cost 20$ more then 2 CDJ800s from Pioneer.

If you want my personal recommendation. get equipment that you can back yourself with. TTs mean you will need vinyl in case VDJ crashes or the PC crashes on you during a gig. CD decks mean you'll need CDs to back yourself up.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 11:13 am
Hmmm, I might re-think it. But then again I wasn't going to buy the TTX's again because of the price. If I was going to buy TT's I am more than likely going to get the Numark TT200's. If I'm choose to get CD's, well I think I'll go with the Pioneer CDJ800's, I have done research on them and found them quite good.

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 12:11 pm
ahh the classic CDs or vinyl discussion... It will never end haha.

Sean

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 1:15 pm
dj seany69 wrote :
ahh the classic CDs or vinyl discussion... It will never end haha.

Sean

true, but for a first time buyer there is no point using a technology that is now getting used less and less. i think if you already have a collection of vinyl then fine, go for turntables, but if you haven't then there's no point. with cd decks you have the option of using them without virtual dj if ever needed just by burning your mp3s to audio discs.

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 1:21 pm
Hey guys, here are some picks of my Virtual DJ system. It took some work, but VDJ is tuned for videos and our touchscreen interface.

Equipment:
6x10 slant top Gator Cases
2 Shuttle XPC computers (Always have a backup)
17" 3M Touchscreen Monitor
Soundcraft Spirt E6
Audiotechnica Wireless Microphones
Elliminator Lighting Controller
Various MBT, Chevet, and AM DJ Lighting Effects
Mackie SM1521z Speakers 500Watts Each

http://www.getdjmusic.com/images/Show03/Show0301.jpg

http://www.getdjmusic.com/images/Show03/Show0302.jpg

http://www.getdjmusic.com/images/Show03/Show0303.jpg

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 5:42 pm
That is pretty sweet. :) I like the backup Shuttle, that is what I called being prepared. Good job!

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 7:06 pm
Phatt B, if money is an issue you could always buy what I bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180004686990&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT

That's pretty much the best I've seen for the price, and they're great TTs too. The4y don't come with cartridges, but you can find em pretty cheap on ebay. I bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180004686990&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT

But if that's still too much http://cgi.ebay.com/Stanton-505-SK-II-TWIN-Scratch-Stylus-Cartridge-NEW_W0QQitemZ130004382767QQihZ003QQcategoryZ101978QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 8:27 pm

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 9:00 pm
Thanks Timmyg1978
I'm getting the software this friday when i get paid from work. So then Ill move into looking at TT's.

geposted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 3:50 am
23%