Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Change Dvinyl pitching

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Let me begin to state that the Dvinyl is superb. There is one change that I would propose how the data from the time coded records is handled:

Can we have a master tempo without using Beatlock? What happens now is that I need to set the pitch with the turntable pitch control. This is ok. But when I then use the turntables to beat mix, it also affects the pitch and this confuses VDJ. It should be possible to sync the pitch (without beat lock), lock the pitch and then move the track with the turntable without affecting the pitch (just to get the beats synched).

I hope I was clear.

Proto

geposted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 10:13 am
Proto,
after reading your post I was a little confused. I think you use "Master tempo", but you mean something else.
"Master tempo" was introduced by Pioneer for the function that you are able to change the speed of the song without changing the key (You will not hear that the song is played faster or slower).
I think what you mean is the following: If you play a song of lets say 100 BPM if you like to beat match a song of 102 BPM you have to slow down this song by 2%. At this moment you have to do that with your turntable. Which is correct I think at the moment. You would like to hit the beat match button when your pitch slider of your turntable is set to 0%. The songs should now have the same bpm (while you hit the beat match button). If you mix the songs and they are out of pitch you slow one of the turntables a bit. This change should be then relatively to the pitch sliders.
Is this what you mean?

You also could do the following: The beats are displayed so move the pitch slider until the BPM values are the same. Then hear by ear and fine pitch until both songs are running smoothly "together".

Ewout

geposted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 8:42 pm
My bad. I agree with you Ewout. Thats how I do it now, but due to whatever reason, VDJ isnt acurate in the BMP reading from the turntables. So a small change in the slider, doesnt show up in VDJ, only larger moves do, but the it overshoots my target :(.

Also beatmixing changes the BMP count again.

Maybe what I would like to see, is an option to lock the BMP (this means also no more touching of the turntable pitch control) and then all change in velocity readings coming from the turntables should be interpreted as nudges, that is move the track forward backward, like a jog.

Example:

Set BMP to 125 with the turntable pitch control. Press BMP lock. Tune will be played at 125BMP by VDJ no matter what (Like with beat lock, but without the sync nudges of beatlock). If record is ahead of the other one, or behind, I speed up/slow down the record, VDJ moves track forward or backward respectively while keeping it at 125BMP until I stop influencing the record.

This is, in my opinion, how it should operate. Now it operates, I think, by speeding and slowing down the pitch.

I hope this makes more sense :-).

Proto

geposted Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 11:03 am
Proto and other user of D-Vinyl with Vdj,

Understand that this is the first release with D-Vinyl support, of course we have to learn more about it.

Feel free to ask for more feature or thing who could be cool to use with it.

geposted Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 1:38 pm
DJ Morris,
I ordered a soundgraph controller. I will post or send you by mail my findings and improvements where possible.
I only have to wait until it arrives.

I'm understanding the issue I think.
You play a song, when you slow dont the platter of your turntable the pitch is lowered immediately. When you stop slowing down the platter the pitch will be the same value as before slowing down. While the pitch ajustment is quite slow this gives some problems.

I will test it myself, post my findings and I will think of possible solutions if applicable
Ewout

geposted Thu 24 Jun 04 @ 10:28 pm
I understand, and I am delighted by your announcement that you will look into this further. Vinyl support could really push VDJ more into the professional market.

Maybe if you guys want to, you can organise a day with a number of Dvinyl users for testing so we can show you how we use it and where it could be improved. I dont mind coming down to France for that.

Anyway, it is super great that it is there already.

Proto

geposted Fri 25 Jun 04 @ 7:47 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)