Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: About MP3Tags & VDJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello,

I'm not a big tag fan, I prefer to rename all my songs correctly in Windows. But... I thought about this:

Let's say I am playing a song at a gig, that was miscalculated in VDJ. I want to rapidely check the ID3tag to see if any BPM has been added, just for the one playing song.

It could be a new button in the BPM window of VDJ, named "Check ID3 for BPM". Then when I click VDJ would analyze the ID3 to find out the ID3 BPM, which is mostly pretty correct.

I don't want VDJ to scan all tags of all songs all the time (and I know there's a parser for it), I just want to 'sometimes' access ONE info of the tag, the BPM.

I had the idea when I read the topic :
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5369
Well the software calculates the bpm and adds it in the ID3tag header, let's do a simple button to access this (small) information, on demand, not automatically. The button would be near the 'copy from other deck' one.

This button could be very very very usefull please add it!

FRUiT94

geposted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 11:27 am
thats a really good idea!! :)

the bpm program was better than I thought, and accessing the BPM tag ONLY would be great!!

maybe even a plugin could "fix" this?

nice idea, Fruit....

and would also like for VDJ to ONLY read that one tag only, and keep file-name structure as of today (by naming rules, and not tags)

geposted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 1:04 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes keeping the structure that's what I wanted to say, but extract the BPM info if needed, it would be cool!

geposted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 5:38 pm
the thing is, you can read idtags in vdj already...

by right-click any song, and choose "file info"... so it shouldn't be too hard to update so it reads idtag bpm info as well

geposted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 6:10 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Fruit you have always very good ideas. I'm with you with this one.

Clax

geposted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 6:52 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)