Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Select your product

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJRobyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
One thing I would like to see in the future is an option to personalize your skin and choose from different turntables, mixers and needles. Sort of like an option for dressing up your personal DJ booth (kind of like a musical avtar). This option would only be available and limited for modifying the default advanced skin already offered by VDJ. I got the idea from viewing the pictures of the soundcards in the config menu. Why not implement an option field in the config menu to dress up your booth?On this list would be various makes of turntables (Technics, Gemini etc), color preferences, mixer styles etc. Well let me know what you think. I know this is a lot of work to implement but I know in the end it will be very rewarding.

geposted Sun 04 Jul 04 @ 11:24 pm
This feature of course would be intended for people like me who dont have a solid background and knowledge in developing their own completed skin. It would also be more of a selling feature for demo users to purchase the full version as only full registered users would have access to this option (like plugins).

geposted Sun 04 Jul 04 @ 11:45 pm
sounds very very cool, but having started making a skin myself, i think this would be very hard to make...

would then need a whole new skin "engine"... but who knows :) would be cool

geposted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 12:13 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Don't know jack about skinning; might just be unrealistic for them to devote that kind of time to it. But it sounds like a helluva great idea. I'd love something like that.

geposted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 11:06 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
My advise to the team :
Keep things simple...

And for the users :
Think about what you need from a program like vdj,
and repeat after me, STABILITY STABILITY STABILITY.
There are thousends "usefull" ideas.
If we always say why not this, why not the other,
and the nice vdj team don't say no, we will at the end,
have another Traktor, or p:)crach-dj
The more code lines in the program - the less stable will be.
Vdj is a tool for a job.
Technics 1200, pioneers, Denon are "tools", too.
All of them are designed to "work"
Why you dont change the skin of your Pioneer cdj1000 ?
(You can paint on it ....)

Thats my opinion, others are welcome..

If you ask me what to change in vdj to make it better,
i'd say : change/improve the time scretching algorithm.
Something is wrong with it, the sound "drift" in time when
it is on, and I HEAR IT all the time, and i "feel" that people
in the club hear it too even i they have my ears...

Sorry for my bad english.
George V (console user)

geposted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 11:43 pm
I think most of us realize the more code the less stabile. We throw out these 'I wish' ideas knowing the team won't implement them unless they think it feasible and stalwart sturdy.

We all like to dream.

geposted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 12:09 am
Whats wrong with dreaming once in a while?? Without dreams life can be pretty dull and boring. Repeat after me. THESE FORUMS ARE FOR EXPRESSION NOT CRITISISM. Please dont change the topic of discussion.

geposted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 2:21 am
By the way Its a vision into the future NOT a dream. There is a difference you know.

geposted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 2:44 am
djRoby, wait, I'm confused, are u talking to me? Maybe not, but if you are, you should know that my comments were in support of your suggestion and actually directed at 'repeat after me' apopsis, the demo user's post. just to clear that up.

geposted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 5:13 am
Ok Keyon no problem and no harm intended. Im glad we cleared that up I just dont like my input interpreted as some fairy tail dream thats all. I speak from the heart and whatever I say in these forums I take seriously. Apopsis is entitled to his opinion like the rest of us but he shouldnt go off track and change the subject but maybe hes new to these forums so I forgive him. In any light we should respect and leave it to the VDJ SupportTeam to make these final corporate decisions.

geposted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 5:31 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I admit, my post was somehow, out of topic.
There is nothing to do with this request, but was just a comment for this kind of requests.
(note, i have big experience with pc-digital dj'ing)

I just had to start a new post about this, not to add to a
current post, that my only "mistake"..

Have a nice day, to all.
-George-

geposted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 9:05 am
apopsis

I read you on a other forum where you are full user like me, and i'm please to see you here.

You ask for stability , and i m please to say that vdj is better than the other software, on my computer more stable, more easy to config and the layout is far better !

I'm real not in love with the other software, because :

- they just copy vdj works
- one moderator call tonton is real not helpful
- i spend 18 h to make it works
- they say you need no hardware but if you don't have a big soundcard with asio etc etc the software works really bad.

geposted Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 10:22 pm
What is it with people changing the topic here?? you change the topic PLEASE go to another room!!!!! OK Marius le malin

grazie

geposted Sat 10 Jul 04 @ 12:52 am
ok !

i beg your pardon

I can give my opinion on your "choose your product " idea.

- With some law mather i think that vdj can't use the commercial name on the skin (like technics pioneer etc etc, no brand name on the pics)

- With your idea the skin will limite the software because on a technics mk2 or on every mixer there is no loop action for example.

- I think skin must be original not just a copy of the real hardware.

geposted Sat 10 Jul 04 @ 11:53 am
Obviously we are on a different page here. The purpose of a skin is to be different and to suit the liking of a particular VDJ user. Im sure everyone using VDJ is not using the same skin? Right?? Do we at least agree with that? Who said anything about writing the word "Technics" on the skin?? I didnt say we have to advertise like that. To give you a more clearer picture please view the "Denon DN S5000 skin". If a skin can be made with "Denon" turntables then what's different about technics, pioneer etc. Furthermore I didnt say anything about removing the loop buttons,sample buttons, pause/play cue etc that's already part of the VDJ software. Of couse the skin will never be "original" but a re-creation of the real hardware.

geposted Sat 10 Jul 04 @ 3:56 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)