Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: dj mp3 sounds/records?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm new to djing, so maybe it's a dumb question. But are there some kind of mp3's or cd's that have sounds/loops/songs that can help a dj in his transitions? Like having a cool drum part that plays that you can play in tempo of one song, then play only the drum part (with maybe a little melody or something) and start another song, adjust the drum part to the second song and switch over to the second song?

Or am I wrong about this approach, and start searching for another hobby? (if so, anyone wants to buy a dj-console?) :)

geposted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 8:00 pm
ur not that wrong

c djing is not only about mixing
i know some dj's who mix so good you wouldnt believe
but they suck at choosing their songs

its a combination of mixing and choosing ur tunes

there are cds with loops and samples that u can use as transitions

or u can make ur own its not that hard

these cds are somtime avalable with dj magazines
or u can buy them off the net

it all depends on what kinda music u mix

some are called breaks or party breaks

if u need more info let me know

geposted Thu 08 Jul 04 @ 7:13 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Doest it exist some free ones available on the net ?

geposted Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 6:28 am
Mixing with computer can do everybody... but a good dj is all about: CHOICE! Choosing the right track, starting it at the right moment, fading out correctly, and so much more.

Like I said a million times: the audience doesn't give a damn if you are mixing with vinyl, cd's, computers, or tapes. If the music is good, than you are a good dj.

But back on topic: try mixing with the same song. You can load the track simultaniously. Virtual DJ allows this. And then experiment with it. Put off the automix, turn a slight bit on the jogwheel and experience the 'special' sound of that. Try to make manual loops, pretty fun for songs with vocals in it. Try to make a mix where the song delays... one song plays one or more beats faster than the other, so you have a delayed effect. Just to give you an idea what is possible.

geposted Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 12:44 pm
there are lots of good looks, breaks and scratch samples at the net for download, or to buy....

there are many dj cd's and vinyls out there, and a lot of "free" mp3's as well :)

search Goggle/Altavista for "dj tools samples" or something...

Loops are pretty cool to use as transition, in a long mix, and whats so wonderfull is that VDJ 2.0 supports the use of loops right there in the sampler engine :) u can put your favorite loops ready to go any of the sampler slots...

breaks are more for giving a "change" or a cool effect, and even for scratch... so are scratch samples, and even accapella samples...

If you want a really really cool scratch on one deck, while playing music on other deck, use a mp3 sample (a scratch sound, or a vokal sample)... with hercules/xp10... its a really cool effect, and there are lots of dj's who use scratch/break/vokal vinyls or cd's for this... :)

search the net, and there are lots and lots of dj tools, like whole vinyls/cd's with breaks or samples, vokal samples and loops.... in an online dj store, or off some some download program (mp3's)

the sampler engine (loop engine) in vdj 2.0 is perfect for on-going loops on the fly for cool transitions, and even samplers/breaks (un-looped)... as for scratch, but the break/vokal/sound sample in the deck u want to scratch with...

;)

dj in norway

geposted Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 12:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)