Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mp4 videos on VJD Pro

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

okay... i looked and looked (believe me it was hard when there happens to be a popular mixer also called an mp4) and could not find a real answer to my question. not that i didn't find threads about the topic, just not the answer that got it working on my laptop. here it is:

how can i play mp4 VIDEO on VDJ? or can i?

i have heard through threads that this is possible, but i can't seem to get it to work. i have tried downloading various codecs such as ffdrshow and klite and such. i have tried changing the extensions and cedecs under the settings, but nothing has worked. the closest i have gotten is getting the audio only in VDJ. the videos play fine in windows media player, but i can't get them to work in VDJ. just "ERROR" in the track listing.

now, for those wondering, why mp4? well, because it is the only format other than vob files that have been suitable for vjing. they are half the size as vobs and the quality is no different to the naked eye on a video screen. plus i already have the software "nero reencode" that i really like and it is easy and works, plus it deinterlaces the video which helps a lot. otherwise i would stick to vob, but i have gotten to the point where my 500gb external hard drive isn't big enough to fit all my vobs and i'm getting 40+ new videos a month and compressing my videos to mp4 will give me almost double the videos on the same drive.

please help. thanks!

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 10:30 pm
djczarHome userMember since 2006
I've looked into this myself, and from what I can gather, VDJ does not support the MP4 container. What you can do, is remux the MP4 file to an AVI file, which VDJ will be able to decode. That does not recompress anything, so you don't lose quality, it simply changes the way the video/audio streams are arranged. Check out this tutorial:

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t232659.html

Using mp4ui, I was able to "convert" an MP4 video into an AVI file and have it play back in VDJ! Unfortunately, there is some work involved, because even though the video can stay unchanged, you will need to reencode the audio from AAC (the format Nero Recode uses) into MP3. The AVI container does not support AAC audio as far as I know.

Let me know if you're still interested in doing this, I might write up a quick tutorial.

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 10:01 am
With MP4 being lauded as the MP3 of Video, is there any specific reason why VDJ isn't designed to use these files? If the program doesn't or can't utilize the MP4 file, why is the MP4 suffix even listed in the default menu? Or can it be done and it's not a generally known procedure how?

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 3:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 3:41 pm
Did you try adding the mp4 extension?

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 7:34 pm
sky,
when you download and install these codecs in your PC, do they need to be sent to a specific windows system folder, or do they just magically get to the right folder in the PC's hard drive?

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 7:47 pm
bryantpb wrote :
sky,
when you download and install these codecs in your PC, do they need to be sent to a specific windows system folder, or do they just magically get to the right folder in the PC's hard drive?

Sky -

Please respond to this. Thanks!

-ConQuest

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 2:02 pm
bryantpb wrote :
sky,

sorry for the slow reply spent a day cursing broken laptops with currupt windows installs lol

just double click the installers it works it all out for u good luck ;)

geposted Sat 09 Dec 06 @ 8:55 pm
skyfxl wrote :
bryantpb wrote :
sky,

sorry for the slow reply spent a day cursing broken laptops with currupt windows installs lol

just double click the installers it works it all out for u good luck ;)

I installed the 3ivx codec that you linked to above to play mp4's and I still get no video. Audio only.

I also tried the "Community Codec Pack" and still just get audio.

PLEASE HELP!!!

-ConQuest

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 5:16 am

VDJ can play any video that Windows Media Player can play.

Install the correct codec for the video format in question, assosiate the file extention with Windows Media Player decoder inside VDJ extention settings.

You can also try the internal VDJ video decoder for some videos (as it works best, but dont support ALL video formats though)

If WMP plays your file, and VDJ internal coder dont, use WMP decoder for the file extention in VDJ

Hope that helps ;)

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 5:24 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
You must change mp4 from quicktime decoder to windows media video decoder, mp4 is not supported (yet) in the vdj internal decoder.

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 5:50 am
thanks guys u learn somthing new every day :)

geposted Sun 10 Dec 06 @ 11:26 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)