Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: recommended external soundcard for Virtual DJ Pro 4.0

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJTNT7Home userMember since 2006
Hey guys,

I am in the processing of purchasing Virtual DJ Pro 4.0,the latest version of Virtual DJ. Do you have any recommendations on which is the best external sound card to be used with Virtual DJ Pro 4.0? my set up includes Pioneer CDJ-100 and DJM-300 mixer. Thanks! I appreciate hearing from you all. TNT

geposted Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 4:44 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
ESI U46DJ :)

geposted Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 6:15 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

There are some soundcard that has amazing specs (and better than U46DJ). Some users use a PCI Creative X-Fi Elite Pro with excellent results. Others use a M-Audio FireWire 1814, even one is now testing the Motu Ultralite USB that has amazing specs too.

The best soundcard for you is the one that you could find and you can affort too. The minimum recommended USB soundcard is U46DJ (for TCVs or TCCDs use) or the Creative SoundBlaster 5.1 Live! for VDJ Use without TCVs or TCCDs use.

Good Luck!

geposted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 7:07 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Probably there are better soundcards around...

but why don't you try your own mk2 as a start... it works with a more than decent latency for me.

Maybe you can save some cash at the beginning, You only need to spend money in registering VDJ and keep the soundcard budget for later.

Just a thought.

Have fun,

Alejandro

geposted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 9:30 am
Sure there are a WHOLE LOT of better sound cards than the ESI U46DJ. But I really doubt you will benefit from purchasing one. When you use a disco mixer, even if it´s a Pioneer 600 or something equal, the sound quality is far from that of studio mixiers like Mackie etc.

If you bought a $500 card, the sound quality will most probably be downgraded as soon as it reaches the dj mixer hence: A waste of money. Only if you were to mix on a Pioneer 800, an Allen & Heath or similar top-notch product, would the quality "survive" it´s way through the setup.

So I think U46DJ is an ok choice. I use it myself and am fairly content with it. Also the quality of the sound card for SSL is definetely no better than U46DJ and you see Richie Hawtin, Trentemoller and others use is for all big shows.

geposted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 3:48 pm
Sb live external 100% of the way i've had mine and the sound quality is great and its worked with no issues. Plus you can't beat the price i bought mine for 30usd from creative.

geposted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 9:39 am
would i need an external soundcard??

i am getting a dell inspiron 6400 with a soundbalster card or something, but i have an mk2..

cheers

DJ Rudra

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 7:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mk2 would do you fine :)

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 7:35 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJ Rudra!

Don't fall into the pit of Dell dispair!! :(

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 8:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
not all dells are bad

iv looked over the spec of the one hes getting seems ok

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 9:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)